Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to use clips in my Colt 1917 45acp revolver and was using full and half moon clips until I ran across these 2 round clips from Ranch Products.
I find the 2 round clips to be easier and quicker to load into the cylinder because I don't have to jiggle them around like I do with the full and half moon clips and they eject with no problems. They fit nicely in the shotgun ammo pouch I use to carry clips in and take up less space so also allow me to carry more rounds.
The top clip is their Governor 2 round clip. It works well and the empty shells can be easily removed with a regular moon clip tool. The only drawback is that elbow angle can make them a bit difficult to fit in some plastic ammo boxes.
The bottom one, their 1/3 moon clip, fit nicely in ammo boxes but it too has a drawback. It doesn't have a real shoulder so you can't use a regular removal tool on it. Not a big problem, I just made a tool.
I still use the full and half moon clips on occasion but these two round clips have become my favorites.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................
Glasses Head Vision care Eye Human body

Eye Vision care Black Eyewear Font

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you call Ranch Products they're great people to deal with and will sell you the Governor clips individually instead of combined with the full moon clips.
The son of the guy that started Ranch Products is now the manager and told me that his dad designed the 1/3 clips to use in his own revolvers but after other folks saw him using them they caught on and he started making them to sell. No good deed goes unpunished. 😕
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp......................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts