Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Colt has released the production totals of the Metropolitan and Official Police Mark 3 service revolvers? I cannot gauge the production numbers using the serial numbers off Proofhouse and was wondering if the information has been released yet?

If not, why would Colt "not" provide this information for collectors and general interest?

Thanks very much!

David

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I am not aware of Colt releasing the production figures for these models. The Metropolitan MkIII was only produce for about 3 years and OP MkIII was only produce for about 5 years. They are not common by any means but I don't consider them rare. Both are tank tough Colt DA revolvers that will provide years of service.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,428 Posts
Like most gun companies, Colt doesn't normally release any production numbers on individual models.
There's a number of reasons, usually having to do with just company reluctance to give competition any information they don't have to.
Colt especially seems to be more reluctant to release info than most other companies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.