Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Series 70 Custom Shop level 3 nib from a few years ago. If I remember correctly it was Davidson's special run of 100 pistols. As noted it has never been fired outside the factory. It is fairly well equipped with Original style rollmarks, matte blue finish, Pete Single front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard, 3.5# trigger job, Novak adjustable night sights and a S&A magwell. In your opinion will this pistol increase in value over the years to make it worth my while to not shoot it? I bought it to shoot but somehow it's sat in the safe now for a few years already. I have 15 other 1911's to shoot so I'm not missing out. I've only seen one other example on g/b for sale and it was modified and finish worn. He was 2500.00 for it which is 500.00 over the sale price new.
20210207_231537.jpg

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I found one last year in LGS , about 1/2 hr away from me .
My eyes almost popped out of my head , never thought I would ever see one .
Mine was used ( no shooters dilemma ) and came w/ three COLT upgrade mags.

Think he had it marked 2 grand , I got for 1985 cash otd.
To say I happy AF , is an understatement- it is an Model O grail .

Not a big deal , but someone changed your grip screws.
What magazine/s came with your pistol .
I would love to see some pictures- of mag , case and label .

Did yours come with test target , mine did not .
Please include that pic also .

Wether you shoot this pistol or not , you will NEVER lose money on it ......
I say you go light up that muzzle , preferably on private property .
A9056D3A-AE53-4E92-B8FB-D1F36822955D.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one last year in LGS , about 1/2 hr away from me .
My eyes almost popped out of my head , never thought I would ever see one .
Mine was used ( no shooters dilemma ) and came w/ three COLT upgrade mags.

Think he had it marked 2 grand , I got for 1985 cash otd.
To say I happy AF , is an understatement- it is an Model O grail .

Not a big deal , but someone changed your grip screws.
What magazine/s came with your pistol .
I would love to see some pictures- of mag , case and label .

Did yours come with test target , mine did not .
Please include that pic also .

Wether you shoot this pistol or not , you will NEVER lose money on it ......
I say you go light up that muzzle , preferably on private property . View attachment 728622
I changed the grip screws along with the grips as you can see. English Walnut btw. It came with 2 "Custom Shop" magazines, whatever that means. 20190427_205154.jpg 20190427_205241.jpg 20190427_205358.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I have a Series 70 Custom Shop level 3 nib from a few years ago. I bought it to shoot but somehow it's sat in the safe now for a few years already.
I have 15 other 1911's to shoot so I'm not missing out. View attachment 728602
I've no idea as to projected value, but I'll say this about shooting it. Its value will decrease if you shoot it. I'm thinking it isn't going to shoot much, if any, different that your 15 other 1911s. I suppose the trigger pull might make a slight difference in accuracy and control, but really...would it be all that significant if you aren't shooting in competition?

It's currently unfired. I'd leave it that way.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I changed the grip screws along with the grips as you can see. English Walnut btw. It came with 2 "Custom Shop" magazines, whatever that means.
View attachment 728650
Appearance wise, I love the change in grip screws and grips. Custom Shop mags...I've never seen the Rampant Colt marks on magazines. I like that, too. Wish I had some. Looking at your additional photos, it appears you have a special package. Adding to my earlier comment...in its unfired factory original condition, I wouldn't even consider shooting it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks very much for pictures. I happy you have your target , gives me solid time line.
Do you have the shipping carton by any chance ?

Brent had a lot to do with these magazines, seem to recall .
I have used all three of mine, function great @ 7+1.
They do fit the magwell very well.

Did you get CS magazine “term “ from an advertisement ?
There were 3 separate levels with write ups , would be great
if you might have that to post .

Just got tanker holster, my Level III going on field trip today 🏴‍☠️☠🏴‍☠️
51299F6C-4926-42E3-B81F-B17FBD6ABFE7.jpeg
51299F6C-4926-42E3-B81F-B17FBD6ABFE7.jpeg

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've no idea as to projected value, but I'll say this about shooting it. It's value will decrease if you shoot it. I'm thinking it isn't going to shoot much, if any, different that your 15 other 1911s. I suppose the trigger pull might make a slight difference in accuracy and control, but really...would it be all that significant if you aren't shooting in competition?

It's currently unfired. I'd leave it that way.
Beautiful pistol, if you have several others to take to the range I would agree with Jimmy2Dogs.

Reactions: Jimmy2Dogs
1 - 8 of 8 Posts