Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this product ( Eezox ) mentioned on this and other sites. It sounds like a good product. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has used this.

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I like it best for revolvers. It seems to do a good job with my collection. Lays down a nice smooth outer layer once dried. I don't use it for my frequent shooters.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I think that you will find this group largely appreciative of the Eezox product line. I've personally found no down sides to it but would offer a small bit of advice. Do not over-use it. Let me clarify; a small amount is all that is needed. Too much and it will 'ooze' from every seam in the gun for a long time. That said, it is aces. :cool:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have used it for about 5 years with great success and I have a lot of confidence in it's ability to prevent rust. I agree with Colt SL's comments about not needing to use too much. I have never been 100% confident that it wont discolor rubber grips etc, so I try to be careful. That being said, I have gotten sloppy and got it on rubber pachmeyer grips and other synthetic stocks, and it to this point has never hurt a thing. A good product worth the money. A can goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Buy it in the can with the spout as opposed to the spray. It goes further this way.
Stuff has an addictive smell like Hoppe's. I would probably use it for that reason alone, but it really does keep the rust off of my blued guns that I have carried in my truck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
For some reason I can't stand the stuff.

Evidently I'm sensitive to it, although I've never been bothered by other solvents or lubes.

I tried it and my revolver seems to like it, but I could taste it in my mouth immediately
after I got it on my fingers and the bad chemical taste lingered for a few hours.

I'm gonna stick with something that doesn't gross me out.

YMMV

·
Administrator
7,303 Posts
Coincidentally , I spoke to Paul the distributor yesterday as I'm thinking about adding it to our store's inventory . He also mentioned that you can treat your bore and chambers which will make clean up much easier after firing .

Those of you that use it , does your LGS carry it or do you have to mail order ?

Thanks

Reactions: Colt-SL

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Those of you that use it , does your LGS carry it or do you have to mail order ?
My LGS carries Eezox but a few others seem to be loaded up with Rem Oil and Hoppes (they tend to be older stores). The few new places that have opened up are Kroil, CLP and Eezox stocked...maybe something to do with "word of mouth" advertising on my part? ;)

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Coincidentally , I spoke to Paul the distributor yesterday as I'm thinking about adding it to our store's inventory . He also mentioned that you can treat your bore and chambers which will make clean up much easier after firing .

Thanks
Mitch,
Only one local gun shop carries it - the only one, by the way, who happens to be a gunsmith. He's a little higher on most of his products, obviously, than what you can expect to pay online for it. But there's no shipping charge and it just about evens out!

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Been using it for about 5 years. Great stuff. None of the LGS around here carry it. Easy enough to order on-line. Would buy it locally if any of the LGS stocked it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I order online. I have never seen it in my LGS's. One of them started carrying Ballistol a while back so it was nice to see something other than RemOil and Hoppe's. Be great to start seeing it pop up in stores, but not a big deal to order it either.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When I was doing a lot of blackpowder shooting,such as N-SSA and reeactments, after the event I'd spray my guns good with it then clean them after I got home. Never had a bit
of rust or corrosion. After cleaning, I'd lightly spray the gun with it again, same results. Highly recommend it.

Regards,

Tecolote

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
One LGS south of here carries it. I have used it on rifle bores to protect them from foul weather when hunting. Maybe I will do some "scientific research" on the cleaning end of it. A couple drops on a cotton patch usually takes care of a handgun. Even the wife likes the smell..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ratzo, just for fun get 2 pieces of raw steel, coat one with Min-Wax on all sides, coat the other with Remoil , place them exposed to the elements outside for 30 days and then see which one has the most rust. Id say the one with the petroleum based ingredients.-oil- will show the most rust It would be fun to do a third sample with the Eezox since its not petroleum based

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
smokehaus, sounds like a plan. I've got some cold rolled steel rod I can use. I still can't understand why the wife thinks I'm a nerd though..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ratzo, I tested the wax verses the oil last fall, I left the samples out side for 60 days and the one with oil was covered in rust, the one with wax had 0 rust, Water works its way under oil, pour a tablespoon of oil in a cup of water, the oil will sit on top, same thing happens with your firearms, I hunt a salt marsh and for years Id oil my shotgun when I got home put it in the safe,the next week it would have rust on it, finally a friend told me to try some min wax and see what happened, it was amazing LOL no rust with the wax, now I only use remoil very sparingly on moving parts everything else is covered with wax. I may test the Eezox to see what happens myself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts