Colt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12,840 Posts
Hi Bob,

That last line is most of the charm for me.

I like 'Lead' Bullets, plain, pure, soft, friendly malluable, Lead. No 'Hard Cast', no Jacketed.

I also like flat front Wadcutters, all 'Meplat'. ( As my Avatar may suggest ).

There is no where to buy such, and or certainly not in Ammunition which is off any Factory's Shelf, in .44 Russian or .44 Special or .45 Colt or .45 ACP ( for Revolver ).

For any given Cartridge, Loading one's own allows one to have variations which either do not exist otherwise, or would be expensive and or hard to find, if they did exist.

I like Black Powder .38 Special, for yet another example. It can be bought I suppse ( or can it? ) , but, it is fun and easy to Load one's self.

Same with Double-Ball Cartridges, in .38 Special or .45 Colt. Years ago I think some Manufactures sold them, but does anyone make or sell them still? I doubt it....but, easy and fun to make one's self.

it is satisfying too, to head out to the Range, using Ammunition one has Loaded one's self...there is something nice about it.

Plus, it is a very good way to learn more about Cartridges and Bullets and Ballistics, than one may have otherwise.

1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.