Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of beginning to start reloading, and have been trying to gather some information from the forum here, and I have a question, or three. IS there any truth, or is it just a personal preference that some shooters feel that reloads are bad for thier firearms, and will not use them, and some ranges will not allow them? Or is it based on the ingredients some of the reloaders use? Second, what is a good starter kit to buy, if you were not in a situation where you had to buy the cheapest one out there, bbut not the most expensive either? Maybe middle of the road? I want to load basic handgun loads along with 10mm, and 5.56/.223 and 7.62x39 on the long gun side. Thanks.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really appreciate all of the information. I am going to order the RCBS Rockchucker. Unfortunately, i just ordered on Sat. 350(7 boxes of 50) rounds of 9mm for $140. I could of paid for half of my starter kit. I hope to order it anyhow in the next week or two. I have a few last questions, before you guys tire of me(just kidding), the manual that comes with the RCBS Kit, would that be a good book, that will start with the very, very basis basics, and be useful as reference for years, or is there a kind of, "must read" for anyone who is going to hand load, that I should also have? Next the press, does that clamp to the bench, or bolt, I cant tell from the photo? Also, when the time comes and my starter kit get's here, other than brass, bullets, primers, powder, a die(9mm in this case) and the calipers, is there anything else not in the kit that I will need for my first batch. I will start out loading 9mm because thats the brass I will have, unless theres a technical reason thats a poor choice as a starter. Thank You.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.