Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Purchased a 2.5\" Python at the gunshow

Welcome to the forum Jack and those are the kind of tales we love to hear. But you left out one little detail, PICTURES, we love to see pictures, got any?

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,904 Posts

Take it from a life-long sufferer, AEV, (Adolescent Equine Virus) commonly known as Colt fever can't be cured.

Even when the ability to financially support the disease is gone, the sickness is lurking just under the surface waiting to pounce upon seeing a desirable Colt.....and they're ALL desirable.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

The only known cure for Colt fever is poverty. Even then it only pushes it into submission waiting to come roaring back if funds ever materialize.
Congrats on your snubby Python. I sort of got a hankering for one myself. I had found a really nice nickeled one, but I'm holding out for a blued one like yours.

Now pictures are a requirement. The drool factor will put you in great standings here.

·
Registered
794 Posts

There's no cure. So says my doctor friend and shooting buddy. I asked him the other day (professionally speaking) if I was cured since I had gone a whole 30 days without buying a gun? I wanted to know if I was no longer addicted and was over the hump so to speak. I was feeling that maybe I had kicked the habit and it was time to move on.

He told me there is no cure and that I will be addicted until I die. However, occasionally the fever goes into remission. My friend should know, he has the fever real, real bad. Worst case I've ever seen. Not just Colts. Anything that goes bang.

Sounds like a foreign strain........

·
Registered
16 Posts

Pictures will be forthcoming. I've got the digital camera, but waiting on my son-in-law to install a 4 port UBS hub in the back of my antiquated Pentium 2 machine. Or, I might just haul off and buy a $399 good-looking Pentium 4 (with two front ports) I saw in my favorite pawnshop today. It has loads of software, plus Windows XP Pro and all the photo down-loading stuff.

Best regards, Jack M.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Purchased a 2.5\" Python at the gunshow

Well, I'd semi-promised myself that 40 handguns of various makes/models is enough, and acquiring any more would be validating my sick condition. But, when you're staring at a blue 2.5" Python in 99%+ condition for only $800, your resolve weakens a little - then entirely disappears! This one had great lock-up with only a few bearly detectable handling marks on it (night stand drawer, etc). And no taxes, as it was a "private" sale for cash. The dealer wanted to sell me it's 6" twin (from an estate deal), but I had to exercise some amount of control, so passed.

So, I paid the money and left the Pasadena, Texas gunshow last Sunday, anxious to get it back home to clean, oil, and polish it. And I wasn't disappointed at all when these tasks were complete, and I gazed at my 41st acquisition! Abject denial - thats part of the sickness!

Don't know about you guys out there, but 2.5" Pythons for less than $1K are fairly scarce around this area. The norm for 99% 4" nickel ones is around $700.

Just had to tell you all my little tale.

Best regards, Jack M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts