Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back from the Tulsa Gun Show. I wasn't expecting to see anything worthy since the internet has treated me so well. I found 3 revolvers that were begging to be brought home to be introduced to the rest of the Colt family.

1) Late 1954 Boxed Mint Courier in .22LR
2) 1956 Boxed 96% Cobra .38 special with a 5" barrel. Box is also marked 5" barrel.
3) 1926 New Service 45ACP (short cylinder) marked "New Service 45 Colt" on the barrel (left side) in 96% condition. It has the transitional checkered wood stocks. I understand that there was a 4 year period between 'ending' the early plastic grips and when the checkered wood stocks became 'standard'.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congrats Addicted! Glad you found some goodies at Tulsa.

While you guys were gone, I found one of my two most wanteds. Tickled me to death!

Glad to have you back.

·
Administrator
7,046 Posts
I love the New Service . Many variations to discover . I also have a 45acp with 45 Colt mkd barrel . It's one of the approximately 1000 "parts" guns assembled in the early 1930's . Sn range is roughly 336,450 - 337,500 . All early parts . 1917 frames with small rear sight notch ,1905 address , straight barrel , smooth triggers , hard rubber grips , square cylinder latch , etc . Nothing went to waste in those days .

Sounds like you had a very good show . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a similar revolver?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's her and mine is also serial number 324xxx. Mine is in much better condition. I'm interested what the final price will be. Thanks for posting the auction link.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to start a new thread. I believe my gun and the one on auction is rarer than most believe. These guns were built before the run of qty. 1000 Civilian Model 1917 45 ACP models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts