Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Being interested in Gen 1 Pythons (like who isn't?), I've seen #155 come up on GB several times. It's there now. It seems like that particular gun doesn't draw much interest as far as bidders. I know the pics aren't great but is it the condition of the gun, something I don't see, the reserve price? Being a 3-digit gun seems like it ought to sell. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
For your hard-earned several thousand dollars, the seller has almost killed himself to exhaustively document the gun. From the owner:

"Pictures show all. Great shape #155 with box. First year production python"
Now, pictures may show all, but pictures to not tell all.

No condition percentage estimated. No Colt's letter. No provenance. No pic of box , target or papers.

From me: No bid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I think I might have answered my own question. For some reason there are many duplicate photos of the gun. But if you can endure flipping all the way to photo #152 (I think that's the right number), the barrel is wrong. The address is Hartford, CONN instead of Hartford CT like it should be for a Gen 1 gun.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
That would certainly explain the rather shocking lack of information provided. And the lack of a letter. Once the pics started to repeat, I went no further.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, picture #3 shows the barrel with correct address???? Maybe he accidentally uploaded some wrong pics? I give up.

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Betcha it letters as a 4" And, for the opening bid price, with only a couple of cryptic sentences and zero description of its functioning, something stinks. If it lettered, had the box and papers and any provenance at all, a snake in the 100s would start much higher, don't you think?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
It can't letter to 4" for first year run gun. I believe they were only available in 6".

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Yes...Pythons were all 6" until the early 1960s when the 4" "Police Python" was offered...just marketing hype as it was simply a 4" barreled Python with no special markings.

It it would be interesting see whether the barrel has a hollow under lug or if it's solid.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well this is interesting. When I asked the Seller on Dec. 6th about the box:

Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 3:43 PM
Subject: Question regarding GunBroker.com Item #724195472 (Do not remove MsgId: Hk1O8AS-f<T>)

"Hi, Could you send me pictures of the box? Top Bottom all the sides the inside of the top and the inside of the bottom? Also could you send me pictures of any paperwork you might have such as the test target? Thanks, Robb"

The seller replied:

Davis Sport Inc <[email protected]>

Listed updated, there is no box.

Sent from Outlook

And it was updated. But now the update is gone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As regards to the Gunbroker auction on Python #155, I find it very odd the poster put up 153 pictures with dozens of duplicates. That is not normal on any auction I have looked at on Gunbroker. I know next to nothing about Pythons (except I want one lol) It just seems like something is "off" about the posting of those pics. Where is the box ? :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts