Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Python - 2.5\" Nickel or Hunter

I have a choice of a 2.5 inch Nickel and a Hunter both as new in box/papers and both for 1,100.00 (each)...

I can only afford one, however which one...

Please let me know which you would prefer and why to ease the pain of my week little brain from bouncing back and forth...

Dig it!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Re: Python - 2.5\" Nickel or Hunter

My personal choice would be the 2.5" nickel, but then I like 2.5" nickel things even if they aren't Pythons. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Without being a Python guy at all, it seems to me that although you get more "stuff" with the Hunter and it "books" a little higher, it is more a "promotional model" whereas the 2.5" nickel is a "real" Python. JMHO Probably get myself in a lot of trouble with the "snakes". /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Have to add, it certainly would depend on your shooting "style" - I probably wouldn't shoot a Hunter by choice but would a snubbie. If you're just looking to collect it, the nickel is still very strong. Certain I haven't helped at all. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
778 Posts

I would choose the 2-1/2 nickel. Darn things around here have been starting at $1,250.00 without box or papers. My gut feeling is that the snubbies will appreciate more as time goes by. Don't think thay made as many.

Good luck with you decision!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

You don't have to ask me twice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Honestly, I don't see the Hunters selling well.
Again, that's one nut's opinion.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
705 Posts

If I was you, I would take the Hunter and let me have a shot at the 2 1/2", that will help you out. hehehe

·
Registered
778 Posts

Hows this idea?

Buy the snubbie flat out, trying to knock them down a hundred, and then put that hundred on the Hunter as a layaway deposit until your wallet recovers.

Most dealers will come down some, if they have had the guns for a few days.

Both of my favorite dealers I believe actually respect you more if you haggle politely a little, and they usually come down near ten percent each time.

Good luck, both are nice guns!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts