Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2598 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the 'Yankee Marshall' of YouTube announced today that Colt dealers already have the new Python but the release for sale is set for January 2020.

I post it in the lounge because until this fyi is verified,its not Python category worthy.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I’ve searched and have not found any videos or photos of the new Pythons. Some people have posted videos talking about the rumors that distributors have taken possession of the new Pythons, using stock photos of originals, but not of the new model. Does anyone have a link?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
They may be waiting for the gun magazines to simultaneously come out with the new Python on the cover for public release. The gun writers would have had prototypes or early production examples several months ago to test, photograph and write their glowing reviews of before magazine can be published at a particular time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I at least hope they move the serial number and bar code to behind the crane. As well as forged hammer and trigger. I predict a vent rib barrel and bright stainless finish to the the current king cobra version.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Supposedly it's not based on the new King Cobra and has no MIM parts. We'll see how it turns out...I don't want to pre-judge. Hopefully it's a nice piece and the intro isn't botched like the Cobra was in 2017.

·
Administrator
6,982 Posts
So, the 'Yankee Marshal' of YouTube announced today that Colt dealers already have the new Python but the release for sale is set for January 2020.

I post it in the lounge because until this fyi is verified,its not Python category worthy.
Thanks
If dealers had them they would be on GB today .

My source tells me that distributors have them and will release Jan 2 .

·
Registered
55 Posts
So are there pictures of these floating around yet or just talk? I just sold an original, and I’m down for a new one for a shooter if they look the part and shoot nice.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Naturally, I will reserve judgement until more is known about these things,
The US Armament model Ms came in at twice the price of a decent original pistol.
The $$factor will be a major component of the whole story.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Got this info off the S&W forum. Not sure it is correct, but passing it on. Take it for what it is worth. "The standard model will not have a ribbed barrel. Gun has a polished SS frame and barrel. Laminated grips. MSRP of $2399. A ribbed barrel exclusive for Colt's Collectors run is set to be released with an MSRP of $2799. The run will be limited to 500 guns." This was posted yesterday by a forum member named JayFramer.
Mods, please delete if not allowed. I copied it exactly how it was posted. My apologies in advance if this was the wrong thing to do.

1 - 20 of 2598 Posts