Colt Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2690 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
No sir--new barrel.
If that is a new barrel, I’m definitely believing mine will be. :) I called today and talked to Steve from Colt CS. Only took 1 min and I was connected. I asked for another update as I called 2 weeks ago. He said it’s still at the range. I told him I appreciate it and I really hope I don’t receive my gun in July or August with this mass hysteria on the virus. I said jokingly “It’s beginning to look like the Walking Dead before long and I’ll need a Python.” Lol. He didn’t find it amusing I guess. I thought it was clever. Lol. I told him thanks and I know they are trying to make things right. Can’t wait to get it back sometime soon. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cyclops24, those faint lines inside the trigger guard look cool in my opinion !
Fancy eye candy. Very sublime.

Leave it !
Engine turning...you got to be kidding me, my local Costco is sold out of the Koolaid that has been consumed. This is totally shoddy manufacturing, plus the barrels looks like buffed round with a polish wheel, also shoddy. I'd have my local guy cut a professional 11 deg target crown and make it at least up to the new Ruger Match Champion level...

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I got through to Colt with a short wait time just now. I was inquiring on what was done to my python, in the event that Colt documents it. They do not. The fixer(s) are union workers and not a part of the computer system that the customer service folks use when accounting for the issues and gun check-in/RMA process. It was worth a shot. He just said that along with the muzzle fix they would have installed some updated parts to assure its function.
This is not very reassuring.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
In checking my new pYthon’s screw tightness, I removed the new stocks. I noticed that both left and right grip panels have a three digit number written on them. The number does not correspond to the serial number in any way. Maybe some assembly number? .. or did I get swapped with another guns stocks? In the few photos that I took before I returned the gun, it appears the stocks may now have a slightly different pattern in the laminate but not sure. I don’t have a definitive “before” photo.
I know others have likely removed grip panels. The panels fit excellently and very tight to remove. What are others seeing with their panel numbers?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Engine turning...you got to be kidding me, my local Costco is sold out of the Koolaid that has been consumed. This is totally shoddy manufacturing, plus the barrels looks like buffed round with a polish wheel, also shoddy. I'd have my local guy cut a professional 11 deg target crown and make it at least up to the new Ruger Match Champion level...
:) LOL do you have one of the new Pythons???? If you did you would not be making such uninformed statements. Your posts are entertaining will give you that. Others if they are kind will explain why it is not possible to just " I'd have my local guy cut a professional 11 deg target crown and make it at least up to the new Ruger Match Champion level" to you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In checking my new pYthon’s screw tightness, I removed the new stocks. I noticed that both left and right grip panels have a three digit number written on them. The number does not correspond to the serial number in any way. Maybe some assembly number? .. or did I get swapped with another guns stocks? In the few photos that I took before I returned the gun, it appears the stocks may now have a slightly different pattern in the laminate but not sure. I don’t have a definitive “before” photo.
I know others have likely removed grip panels. The panels fit excellently and very tight to remove. What are others seeing with their panel numbers?
I remember looking at mine and the numbers didn't seem to be related to the serial number.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Here’s my “ before being returned to Colt “and “after repaired photos of my new python stocks. The “before “ has the trigger guard hang tag.
The after - no tag on the trigger guard. There is a prominent dark edge on the “after “ up at the very top edge near the rhampant Colt rollmark on the side plate , whereas the originals are overall darker and there is no edge that stands out. .
I don’t have a problem with the grip swap out, except the left panel has a very small impression dent near the edge at the heel. I didn’t notice it until in the process of cleaning it and checking the screws today... noticed the dent and then comparing photos and then the numbers inside the panel to serial.

I called Colt Service and there is a message now where customer service is working remotely.. (Corona virus) and thusly, I don’t know if they’re actually providing service or not. I know one thing.. stocks .. no stocks.. this gun is not going back to them
Colt. I’m tired. I’m f’ing tired. I hope you understand me.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
As per their current voice message and website , I’ve just got done sending an email to their customer service email address with old RMA, pics and explanation with the request of a new set of stocks be sent. I highly doubt there is any fitting required.

I also noted the three digit panel numbers to serial difference.. and that I don’t know if it’s supposed to match... but I did advise that it will just be a matter of days, hours, or minutes before the question will have a definitive answer with proof on the Colt forum. I’m sure someone will have a panel pic before too long.

IF the panel numbers are supposed to match the gun , then that does matter to me too, not just the tiny dent. 25 yrs pass, my kid wants to sell the gun, and all a scrupulous buyer or seller will know is that the stocks appear to have been replaced upon inspection. Almost everyone that shoots their pythons puts their beautiful or more functional aftermarket stocks on it and tucks the originals away for safe keeping.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
The numbers inside the stocks don't match my new Python's serial number. It must be some other number...either from Colt or the vendor. I don't think Colt has done any matching of numbers inside stocks to serial numbers for many years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I keep reading in various forums that Colt isn’t actually manufacturing these and that they have vendors providing them components and they’re just assembling and doing mild polishing. I am aware plenty of manufacturers whether firearms or automotive get components from vendors stocks, screws, springs etc and do not make everything in house. I’m talking the frame, the barrel, the polishing etc. Is Colt forging these and machining them or are they getting forgings and machining them (like their ARs with Cerro Forge) or are they receiving the components fully machined and then they just assemble, polish, slap stocks on and ship? I’m just wondering where the quality control issues are starting.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Patrick with Colt called me back. Stocks do fit tight.. thinks they could have been damaged during removal and that’s why they were replaced. All speculative as to the why.. They don’t have a problem with sending me another set of stocks. Of course, they’re not on site and won’t be able to initiate that remotely. Basically I have to contact them again once they’ve returned from the Covid-19 hiatus which will be indicated on their website.
I did request and received an email from Colt stating they will send me a new set of stocks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's great to see Colt stepping up to the plate. I would say that's pretty good customer service, especially with the written confirmation to back their promise.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Well, it’s all in how high or low the bar has been set ain’t it. If I had tracking of stocks on the way, yeah that’s great customer service. To be willing to fix a problem that they caused .. wasn’t a problem when the gun came to them.. changed out the stocks. Didn’t inform me. Can’t tell me what was done to the gun at all. that’s not that noble a gesture to me.
To get a call back from Colt in the same day a voicemail was left is 100 percent better than the previous two voicemails that I left this year that received no callbacks ever. . .. but should someone be surprised that they even got a callback. I was, because they’ve set the bar pretty much on the ground in my experiences since I’ve had to deal with them over this python.
Also, he sent me a email to say they would replace the stocks. Does it mean anything? He told me that I would have to call THEM to restart the process once they return to their regular place of work. When will that be? Why should I have to call them again? He should be able to call someone at Colt at some point and time and get some stocks sent to me without me having to do all my efforts again.
A guy made a promise that they’d fix it. It’s not fixed.. it s not in the process of being fixed. If Colt says no in a few weeks .. or months.. when the time comes when I can re-initiate this process, I can argue that Patrick said new stocks, and they say no.. no we can’t.. what can I do?
I received a promise today. It’s just a promise until I have new stocks in hand. Maybe they will maybe they won’t.
But yeah, the customer service has been so terrible over the last few months - days to get through if youre lucky. No callbacks. No communications. .. so terrible that today actually seemed absolutely great to receive a same day callback and a promise. They’re service is so bad I felt bad for having to bring to their attention that my gun was sent back to me with different grips with a flaw.
I cannot express how done I wish that I was with dealing with them. I’m tired of spending lots of time calling and hoping to find the hours that they might be workingthat day. I’m tired of being nerve wracked on how they planned on fixing the various problems with the new python that I sent back. Is it fixed. I don’t know what they did. They sent the thing back with no notice on the one week that I couldn’t be home to sign for it and send it in such a way that I couldn’t even get it held at FedEx.

If Colt would have said today : I’m sorry for what you’ve been through with this new python, Mr. WWYS. I have a set of new stocks on the way. I will have to call back to the factory, that will take some extra effort, but You will receive tracking shortly and then I will follow up to make sure they fit properly when you receive them. .

So no, it does not smell like a a flower to me. Little more like something else. I’ve had a gun since Jan 1st, received on Jan 8th, in hand a week, and it hasn’t been 100 percent as of yet... and it’s not there yet.

I currently fix things for a living. I know the current world situation and I STILL am able to fix it.. so...
Colt I am tired.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I checked the website today to see if they had any statement about the kung flu.. they did and said no one will be answering directly but leave a message Or EMAIL!!! First time I’ve seen an email address. I sent an email and an hour later I got a thorough description of my situation. Very pleased. That’s how it’s supposed to work! Maybe they are really trying.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
Colts response to me was due to my email submission as well. Apparently the email is drawing more and faster response than the traditional phone call method.
I think this is because the customer service personnel is all at home and it’s their only avenue of service communication. Unfortunately, at least my situation ,that’s as far as it goes . According to my guy, he could not actually initiate the service. Basically, they say, I read your email, call us when we return to work.
What was your issue and was Colt able to do anything more for you?

2141 - 2160 of 2690 Posts