Colt Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2943 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ok emailed them again and I guess I’ll play the waiting game. A little frustrating but understandable. I saw the SW in Vegas had a Python but it cost more and I doubt they would ship to a store in PA

·
Premium Member
7,564 Posts
maybe they will.
i was not too hopeful about my grips situation a few weeks back.. and the initial news was not good, but folks do want to generally do the right thing and keep customers happy.
... now in retrospect.. my New 2020 python is all good with a really nice set of stocks and I ended up with an extra set now that I can keep on it for shooting and general use Which made up for all my belly aching and woes.
since you’ve definitely experienced a big let down from your python situation, maybe SW will be willing to ship the gun to a close by store to get you straight. sure they have a no ship policy for the Covid safety reasons, but I think if they can keep stores open and have customers entering, they can chance a shipment. I’ve experienced many times where people can make anything happen when they have the ability. sometimes not... but more often times it’s so. I’m hoping things work out for you., you’ve been working at it for a while to get a python at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just checked SW about 45 mins ago and was able to put an order in. Checked my account at SW and it states pending shipmeant. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
266 Posts
And my debit/CC was charged. Just checked the site and now it states out of stock. Guess I’ll be playing this game for awhile. Once I get it I’ll post pics.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A brand new 2020 4 1/4 inch Python just sold on Gun Broker tonight for $2825.00 Serial # 003577. Not only Wow but Why? These are still just $1499.00 guns.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,307
And my debit/CC was charged. Just checked the site and now it states out of stock. Guess I’ll be playing this game for awhile. Once I get it I’ll post pics.
Just keep flooding with your emails. Quote the pertinent order number and complain that your in stock order was later cancelled.. Flat out request an adjustment of 10% toward your next firearm order.
They have so many layers working to go through emails that you may end up with several discount codes. Whaddya got to lose!! LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did anyone here order one through Hyatt Guns?
They were offering them as special order for a while and I ordered one through them on January 2nd and still haven't heard back at all.

·
Premium Member
7,564 Posts
I picked my 4” up at sportsman’s warehouse in Wilmington, NC today. I was willing to purchase more pythons.. either length .. at their price if they had gotten any more in with it, but they had not. The two that they said They had just gotten in today were mine and another online purchased one. They had to check mine in first so they really had just got in the shipment truck. So far all the pythons they get in to the store are “pre-sold” meaning online purchased and shipped there. Said that they don’t get any not already sold so far.

the gun is all in order and I am happy with what I see.
serial is PY005190 and the trigger barcode tag is March 25th 2020, so she’s fresh off the boat. If that gives the general idea of what the serials are getting up to now.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Sweet, that is 80 higher than the one I picked up last week. Looks like Colt is rolling these off the line now. So now I'm looking forward to a 2021 release of the Anaconda......(Not trying to start a bad rumor, just some .44 Magnum wishful thinking on my part)

·
Premium Member
7,564 Posts
I figured that if I had gotten two from SW when I had the chance with intentions of selling one for profit, then supply would catch up enough while I was waiting for the guns that the current $2.5-$3K price tag would drop to about what I paid. Since I only bought one, looks like no significant stock has hit online sellers yet. eventually python stock will catch up, but it is like watching the pot to boil When you’re on the wait And scouting for one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also, the other thing that I learned is that even though the status might still day "Pending", when I drilled into it, it actually showed the date it was shipped. Where it says Picked up, before I picked it up it said, shipped 4/11/20.

Pick Up Location:
Altoona
141 Sierra Drive
Altoona, Pennsylvania, 16601
(814) 693-5000

Picked Up
where did you drill down to. When I login intomy account, and see my pending shipment. I then click on order number and it still says pending shipment. When I scroll to the bottom of page and select “track an order” then enter my info it states “order not found”. Will check bank account tomorrow to see if any funds were redepsoited. Been checking everyday for update. Will be patiently waiting.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Hmm I wonder now. Just saw the word “cancelled” will still check my bank account.
frustrating but the wait will be worth it.
Wow, I don't know why you are having such a hard time? I'm sure the Camp Hill Store is in the same boat as the Altoona Store. Not closed but would have to arrange a time for pick up with the store so it is so weird that they keep canceling your order? Sorry about the troubles, it would be very frustrating.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Would anyone be so kind and purchase one from your nearest store and forward to my FFL or a store for pickup? PM if it is possible.

2301 - 2320 of 2943 Posts