Colt Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2578 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Ohhhhhh....I like those grips, modelbuilder. Darker than either of mine.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I picked mine up a couple hours ago and giving it a good once over I'm very happy. The fit and finish is flawless and the action is buttery smooth with perfect timing. I'm cleaning it as I write this since it was shot at the factory. All the screws are tight as they should be and it looks like Colt finally has their act together. Anyone on the fence about buying one I think all the teething issues have been fixed. I've owned 3 Pythons over the decades blued, nickeled and stainless and IMO this new one is right up there with the old one as far as build quality. The action is just as smooth if not a touch smoother than my old ones. Now I'm looking forward to my first range session, but so far I'm really impressed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey ALL...Was able to get thru to SW this afternoon after being on hold for 61 min...!!!!! Ordered 4" on May 19th...
kept showing "pending shipment" to my dealer....cust. rep. said "hang on while i get u an updated status"...
She came back with a UPS Tracking # and said it WILL NOT be shipped until SAT May23...!!?? It is just in line waiting to be picked up by UPS with all their other orders for Pythons.......said they are soooo backed up shipping out to dealers.....she said wait till SAT to track it...
Thanked her for the help...10 minutes later rec'd email that order is "completed and shipped"...!!! Weird times in our Covid-19 country...!!!!
Pete in Texas

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Very nice, Mag318. i like the serial. I just picked up a new python that has gotten into the seven thousand serial range. the cogs are turning over there with Colt and pythons now. Considering we are only 5 months into the new python release with the start up issues resolved and the unprecedented Covid twist thrown in there,
m thinking back to the new Cobra release in 2017 . It was 4 months before we saw the first one and about four months later still was very few on the market. all In all, Colt is doing better with python production I think.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What would you say, thanks and at least it's an easy number to remember. Opening the box I was a little apprehensive after hearing about all the various problems some early buyers were having. But after really going over it I couldn't be happier, the fit and finish is much better than I was anticipating. I really like the finish since it's more polished than my original stainless Python and it's just a tad under their old Bright Stainless finish. Now I'm really looking forward to see what TALO comes up with and I'm sure a 3" Combat Python will be forthcoming once they build enough 4.25 and 6" versions to satisfy initial demand.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What would you say, thanks and at least it's an easy number to remember. Opening the box I was a little apprehensive after hearing about all the various problems some early buyers were having. But after really going over it I couldn't be happier, the fit and finish is much better than I was anticipating. I really like the finish since it's more polished than my original stainless Python and it's just a tad under their old Bright Stainless finish. Now I'm really looking forward to see what TALO comes up with and I'm sure a 3" Combat Python will be forthcoming once they build enough 4.25 and 6" versions to satisfy initial demand. View attachment 700532
I agree, was a little puckered when opening the box ... Finish is awesome. Trigger/action leaves alot to be desired. Worst python action I've ever felt by far. Some of the older model trigger /actions were phenomenal. I'll be popping the cherry on mine this weekend. I'll bet this thing is a tack driver despite the almost 6# trigger.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
What solvents do you guys use to clean your Python? I usually use Hoppe’s #9 and some elbow grease but was wondering if something better.

overall really pleased with the new Python now if I only had a few bucks laying around for the 4.25” but I guess I’ll wait.

nice seeing guys with guns today on the forum. Happy Day

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Over these years with the Colt forum, I have become to think of gun oils and solvents just like colognes and perfumes... dang near any one will probably do the trick.. it comes down to “what’s your preference?! “
it could be one seems to clean better for you, coats better, or the smell or the applicator or on and on.
ive shot a couple of the new 2020 pythons, new King Cobras, and new Cobras.
all I can say is what seems to be working for me.
to clean the fouling out Of the barrel and cylinder chambers, I use those disposable bore swabs called RamRodz. basically a giant q-tip diametered for specific calibers. I dip it into a bore cleaner/lubricator called 1-step by Pro-Shot. same stuff with regular q-tips to clean the inner frame, nooks and crannies. I find that on all three new models of the new Colt revolvers, I get some blast marks down the sides of the cylinder between the flutes. Im sure some ammo may do this worse and maybe some doesn’t so much. so, I would NOT do this On any that I plan to shoot regularly, because what’s the point. Waste of time and eventually wear the finish, but a few that I’ve tucked away, Ive Cleaned It off the cylinders. It doesn’t seem to come off with oils and cleaners that I have in my arsenal, but very light flitz polish with a q-tip takes it off and has not altered the stainless finish of the python nor the KC. I don’t think I’ve done it one the new Cobra yet. Anyway, if you want it to look new again, it works.. if doesn’t matter, then don’t worry about it.
so Pro-Shots’s 1-Step Is what I use. They do make a Copper solvent also.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
All of the cleaners mentioned work fine. I personally like Hoppes No9, I put some on a nylon brush and then apply to the bore and the chambers. Let it sit for about an hour to do it's work then patch out. When clean patches come out I swab the bore and chambers with G96 Gun Treatment then patch that out. As for burn marks I just use a little Flitz and then I'm done. On my Colts and S&Ws I always remove the cylinder which really facilitates cleaning.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Personally I just use Hoppes still. I spray the internals with Gunscrubber to get that gook they put in at the factory out, then put a few drops of "gun oil" here and there. It finds it way where it needs to go apparently.

I wax the externals with Renaissance Wax. I hate oil on the external of a gun.

BTW. Hickok45 has a new Python video up. I'm not sure how long it's been up but I just saw it yesterday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone use Carbon Cutter? I use it on my trap guns and I know one has to be careful with certain materials but that may also help get rid of burn rings.

2501 - 2520 of 2578 Posts