Colt Forum banner

2561 - 2578 of 2578 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Thanks! I found those grips at a gun show a few years ago. They were sealed in package with Colt logos on it. I just assumed they were factory grips. Perhaps out of custom shop?

Anyway I really liked them and was waiting for the right gun to come along 🙂

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wish I could by another set of the factory grips. I like them but they are different then the legacy pythons. They are narrower

·
Registered
188 Posts
I know this is not the for sale forum but I am really thinking of selling by Cobra, keeping the KC but selling the Cobra to put towards the 4.25”. Thoughts? Any takers? I have both factory sight and tritium for the Cobra. I do like my KC though but feel the 4.25” is a better buy then having the Cobra

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,564
Thanks! I found those grips at a gun show a few years ago. They were sealed in package with Colt logos on it. I just assumed they were factory grips. Perhaps out of custom shop?

Anyway I really liked them and was waiting for the right gun to come along 🙂
Yikes ! Those are fine looking grips !
There are a pair of checked Colt Python grips (3rd gen-big pony bust medallion) in the Colt packaging on fleabay for $549 !!

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I dunno Travis.. I think You’d have to take a bit of a hit on selling your new Cobra right now.. you probably know that, because they’re now readily available and less than MSRP for a keen shopper.
the tritium sight will sweeten the deal, but it will work on your new KC and new Python....you probably know that too. With shipping and whatnot and all that’s $85 front sight. I’m just saying cause you were asking. But if there’s just not room in the Colt corral, you gotta do whatcha ya gotta do. better to get something for it if you’ve scratched the itch and no interest. It happens.
You’ve had to wait a good while for that first python. You’re money ahead if you hold onto it all and wait because the new python prices and availability is swinging in buyers favor I do believe ( easy for me to say with the pile of pythons - so do as I say and not as I do .. )

:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
WWYS: thanks for the advice, for the most part the Cobra just sits in the safe but over time I know I will regret selling it just like I have regretted selling any firearm so I’ll hold out a little longer for the 4.25”. When I am dead and gone then the kids can decide to keep it or sell it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey ALL...picked up the 4" today i ordered from SW on May 9TH...am in central texas...2020 Pythons are very scarce here....OK..some initial observations....both BAD and GOOD...BAD first...the un-grooved backstrap is HIDEOUS..I did not realize this till i examined it at my dealer friend...of course, it is (was) dirty from test fire..it looks like Colt fired a full cylinder full on this one...all that firing residue wiped clean with Ballistol...the single action trigger pull is HEAVY...VERY HEAVY...almost 6LB....OK...so far...TWO STRIKES....
The Good...double action trigger pull is as smooth and light as my 1976 6" Blue Colt Custom Shop Action Job..!!!??
The finish is flawless....muzzle is sharp and clean as a whistle...the grips are a nice light color which sets off the really nice finish on the rest of the weapon..
I have a set of Herrett Jordan Trooper cut to my hand inbound which will cover the HIDEOUS un-grooved backstrap ......
Now...will shoot it probably tomorrow...i am reminded of Col. Townsend Whelan.."Only accurate rifles are interesting"...
Can be applied to handguns too....this one has TWO STRIKES...Three and i will blast it down the road faster than a
rattler can strike...
Pete

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I rather suspect, should you STRIKE OUT, you will have no difficulty finding a buyer for it. And I can vouch for the paucity of Pythons here in Central Texas. I know only one local shop that had a 6" in the second week of January (it lasted two days). Neither that dealer nor any other in a 100 mile radius has had one in since or even has an ETA for one. And all this after seeing a steady stream of reports here of various mom & pop shops getting them in over the last couple months. I eventually found what was I was looking for but all were online purchases, and involved hammering the refresh button multiple times a day on various sites discussed in this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has Colt gone back into full production. My Python has been on order since the first week in January. My dealer does not know when he will get a shipment. I am not getting any younger. Any info about production and shipments would be great to hear. I am in south west Florida and the shelves are empty..... Boomer28

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Why have one on order and wait so long... I decided I wanted a 4.25 one last week and just put my email to be notified from a few of the online dealers. Sportsman"s warehouse notified me two days later and I have my gun. Lots in the pipeline

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Why have one on order and wait so long... I decided I wanted a 4.25 one last week and just put my email to be notified from a few of the online dealers. Sportsman"s warehouse notified me two days later and I have my gun. Lots in the pipeline
I was not in a hurry and wanted my LGS to make the sale.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark, I have to agree with Gator. My local store is owned by a great guy and I would like to support him. So Colt is back in full production? Thanks, Boomer28

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Has Colt gone back into full production. My Python has been on order since the first week in January. My dealer does not know when he will get a shipment. I am not getting any younger. Any info about production and shipments would be great to hear. I am in south west Florida and the shelves are empty..... Boomer28
it depends on which barrel length you are waiting on. the initial release on Jan 1st was all the 6” pythons made in the first batch. Then we had the hold up while those Initial production Issues were resolved with those, 4.25” production then started with the next batch and is why the shorter barrel length has been relatively available (given the high demand) and pretty much all we’ve seen for sale currently. i Have not heard when Colt will start making another batch of 6“, so I have no idea when they may start showing up for sale again.. but I’m sure they will.
if you’re willing to buy online , the shorter barrel python has been available for msrp prices.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Same for me I wanted to give the deal to my local guy... he called and told me he didn't think he would see one this year for sure. All the biggest dealers are getting guns, he is a small local guy here and colt told him not to hold his breath.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They way I left it with my dealer was what ever came in first 4.25 or 6 inch. So what happened to the whole first batch of 6 inch. Have they all been repaired and put back in the system and I just did not get one. We are just about 5 months from when I ordered it. I am like a man on a desert island in need of a glass of water. Thanks for listening. Boomer28

·
Registered
488 Posts
They way I left it with my dealer was what ever came in first 4.25 or 6 inch. So what happened to the whole first batch of 6 inch. Have they all been repaired and put back in the system and I just did not get one. We are just about 5 months from when I ordered it. I am like a man on a desert island in need of a glass of water. Thanks for listening. Boomer28
Those were all done before New Years Day on the 6inch and there were some 4.25 that were sent back but that was done some time ago. They are building and have for some time, production rate has increased as well. Who knows when your dealer will get one. Going to be seeing them (6in) about now on Gun Poker and some Dealers. Just because you have one on order does not mean anything. It only means when that Dealer gets one from the Distributer or Buyers Group you may get it depending where you are on his list.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I'm all for buying from a local dealer, but but when he can't get one, I will not hesitate to buy online.

Of course then I just buy something else from the local guy.

2561 - 2578 of 2578 Posts