Colt Forum banner
2,601 - 2,620 of 2,993 Posts
Prices from retailers seem to be going up in Canada too.....$2350-$2400. I may have to cancel my deposit....

Dave
@Baggy270: once you put a deposit doesn’t that lock you into THAT price?
One would think but it depends on what the contract has on it. This could be as simple as the receipt acknowledging the deposit, the item, price of that item AND a delivery date or the money is refunded. Without that you are basically completely at the mercy of the person who you gave your money to.

Gator, I didn't have the option of paying in full as it was a preorder sale with the full price to be determined at delivery time. it is understandable that the Canadian price went up during the wait time as the Dollar fell in value .

On another matter, I have reflex sights ( C-More RTS2 ) on all my handguns as my eyes go all buggy with iron sights. Is anyone here using one on the Python? I can't find a site that has a mount that will ship to Canada.

Not an option it was a pre order. Also the dollar dropped 5 bucks but has since come back up so it should be a wash. Certainly not the $150 more some are charging. And why are they more at US distributors too. We are being taken for a ride....
I paid 1390 + sales tax in Yankee dollars for mine, $16 over the MSRP to get out the door.

I have a very good LGS that appreciates repeat customers.

Im not surprised that the gun is possibly test fired before sights are Installed, because I’ve seen videos of Colt and other gun makers test firing semi autos for simply safety and function only. The shooter sticks the gun in a small opening in the firing pit and is very quick with it, as once might imagine with having to test fire racks of guns.. so sights aren’t necessary for that and if there is a problem, the gun would surely be rejected and go back to be taken apart and fixed and doesn’t need sights installed prior just to possibly have to be removed again to exchange or repair or polish a part.
now if said gun was to come from the Colt Custom shop with a signed and dated test target and missing sights... I would be mystified and raising an eyebrow In bewilderment.
:)

all that said.. the final inspector .. probably does not need to be legally blind, Or wearing an eye patch .. well maybe one. but NOT both eyes , not right back to work after having eyes dilated, or have one of them there eyeballs wondering anywhere near their John brown cell phone !!! There shall be NO TEXTING and INSPECTING. You will lose sight.. or sights. .. of the snake gun .

2,601 - 2,620 of 2,993 Posts