Colt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2,993 Posts
Got this info off the S&W forum. Not sure it is correct, but passing it on. Take it for what it is worth. "The standard model will not have a ribbed barrel. Gun has a polished SS frame and barrel. Laminated grips. MSRP of $2399. A ribbed barrel exclusive for Colt's Collectors run is set to be released with an MSRP of $2799. The run will be limited to 500 guns." This was posted yesterday by a forum member named JayFramer.
Mods, please delete if not allowed. I copied it exactly how it was posted. My apologies in advance if this was the wrong thing to do.
If those prices are right, I will spend my money on an original python. Thats just crazy, I hope its a typo or something.

It makes no sense to do all the tooling and expenses inherent in that to only make so few examples. I would hope that report is wrong. If Colt wants to do a first edition run that's fine, but they should want continuous production of what should be a premium product. Getting a lot of potential customers bent out of shape for not being able to buy the product is not good business...not that Colt is a stranger to such decisions.

Who said they spent $$$on tooling.... look at the Retro AR's they released , lied and said they spent allot on tooling up and just outsourced everything. I try to be positive but the current way Colt thinks I would not be surprised at the 500 Pythons only at that $2,700 price .... collectors will buy em up because its limited. Sucks and I hope it isn't so s I wanted to buy a 2020 with short barrel.... we will know soon.

And maybe a little Ativan along with it.....

Reactions: ei8ht and Hopalong
How is it a Python without a ribbed barrel? That has to be bad information or (IF...true) a bad decision on Colt’s part. I’m not believing ANYTHING until I see it. That is one of the first things your eyes are drawn to when looking at a Python and what everyone compliments when speaking of.

How is it a Python without a ribbed barrel? That has to be bad information or (IF...true) a bad decision on Colt’s part. I’m not believing ANYTHING until I see it. That is one of the first things your eyes are drawn to when looking at a Python and what everyone compliments when speaking of.
Python without a ribber barrel = 2019 King Cobra Target??? Colt wouldn't do that!!!!

Wow I really hope the above is not true I thought that I was finally going to be able to afford some form of Python, and how can they make something without a ventilated rib and call it a Python please don't let this be true.

You have no worries. :)
If Colt made a Python without a vent rib they may as well commit corporate hari-kari now and get it over with.

... how can they make something without a ventilated rib and call it a Python please don't let this be true.
Well, Colt produced a small steel-frame revolver and called it a Cobra instead of a Detective Special, so silly naming convention is entirely possible again. Colt, please use some common sense when developing and naming new products.

21 - 40 of 2,993 Posts