Colt Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 2715 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
View attachment 677337 View attachment 677339 View attachment 677341 Well, I’ve put about 200 rounds of .38’s, and .357’s through this, never skipped a lick. I like it...a lot.. Had to put some Altamont Rosewoods on it though, the laminates just don’t do it for me.

Very nice looking! I haven’t decided it I want to swap the grips or not yet...

The only thing I have done is polish it up just a bit with some mother’s. I can start to see my reflection in it now lol

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
anyone know if the brass bead front replacement sight has been made available?
I spoke with Colt customer service earlier this month and they said they were getting ready to send some over to Brownells, along with a bunch of other parts. That they should be available around the end of the month or early next month.

·
Registered
274 Posts
They call them Superwoods. It's hard to tell between them and solid wood because of how they finish them.

Edit: Not saying yours are, because they do sell solid ones. Just saying it's hard to tell.
It is especially hard to tell in the second photo, but I think if you had a pair of highly figured solid wood grips next to them - cocobolo or Brazilian rosewood - you'd be able to tell fairly easily. I think the poster's pair is a lot better done than the ones I've seen on the 2020 Pythons so far.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't have one, so I won't comment on how it works or not.
The only thing that shocks me and that I don't like, is that they put that ugly barcode and huge serial number on the frame. :bang_wall:

But if someone has one that doesn't work, give it to me i'll take it anyway!!!
;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been keeping an eye on this whole thing for some time as I put in an order for my python on January 1st... It was at that point I decided to join the forum to get more information...

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) my dealer did not receive all the Pythons that he was promised at the time of order... This caused a delay in getting mine (which still has not arrived yet)...

Long story short, while at Shot Show, my dealer got what seemed like a real update by Colt.

He was told that there was a manufacturing issue on the cylinders of some 6” and 4” Pyhons, therefore no not Guns would be going out until later in the month... My assumption is that it will most likely be February before any more start to arrive.

So... It sounds like they know what the issue is, but are not giving much information on it...

I hate the wait for my new gun, but hopefully it will not have any of the issues seen earlier.

And yes, this is my first post... Everyone has to have their first post be something.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't have one, so I won't comment on how it works or not.
The only thing that shocks me and that I don't like, is that they put that ugly barcode and huge serial number on the frame. :bang_wall:

But if someone has one that doesn't work, give it to me i'll take it anyway!!!
;)
They must have done it to reduce work during some production process. On my 686 the QR code is under the grip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just checking in to say I’m just here patiently waiting for my new Python to return from Colt for its lockwork issues and bad crown machining....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thank you! Glad to be here!!!
The new Python has generated a ton of new interest in the market for sure. I have seen alot of people come into my local shop that are new to guns period asking about the Python. Just look at how many new members have posted in this thread alone. This is good for Colt, the entire gun industry, and the country for that matter.

·
Administrator
7,006 Posts
We've been waiting for 15 yrs for a gun that was stated by many as never to be produced again ... what's another few weeks or even a couple months .

Heck , I used to wait 9-10 months for a Class 3 stamp approval back in the day ,, After I had paid for it and the gun .

Relax , look around , get some fresh air .

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hey does this sound like a great idea for the new Python
1st gen full checkered grips like when it was first built back in the 50's?
I think it would really harken back to its roots
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1561 - 1580 of 2715 Posts