Python 4\" Value

Serial 658**E in about 98-99% condition. Listed at $875.00
Without original grips and no box.

Good deal?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: Python 4\" Value

New in box Blue Pythons are in the $1200-$1300 range at this time.
Vintage 60's style target stocks are hovering in the $200 range and boxes have been easily surpassing the $100-$150 range.
That gun NOT being unfired, Not having original stocks, Not having an unusual barrel length & Not having the original box is no deal to me and I personally would pass.

Just my 2 pesos.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks, I'll make an offer on it. Here are the pics. The grips have a cut out in the back that reveal a section of the backstrap. They are actually pretty comfortable.

I don't know if you can tell from the photos or not but the side plate looks to be a bit off color from the rest of the gun. Have to hold it angled to the light to see it.
Don't see any polishing marks or other signs of a reblue. No dishing and markings look fairly crisp. What say you?

·
Registered
778 Posts

I don't think the price is that bad. If you don't own a Python, and the grips fit your hand, and if you intend to shoot it, then its a OK gun.

Looks to be in the shape you say it is in. Grip/stocks are pretty.

We have both safe queens, and shooters. The shooters are more fun.

Bob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

While those stocks are "probably" Herretts,based upon the grain of wood,I have 2 pair of these fingergroove,smooth stocks made by Charles Daly that are very similar,except wood is darker. Bought 4 of them in a shop going "belly up" a few years ago.

The grips were made in Phillipines,I think. Have a pair on a 4" "357",then modified a pair to fit my round butt S&W M-610,5",my "companion gun".

One of the remaining pair is almost identical to the one shown,the other with an angled toe and heel called the "Python Combat".

Have put them in the classifieds twice to no avail;few have heard of Charles Daly-I guess?? Have them in 82' catalog,and they listed in the $40+ range.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
811 Posts

Steve, I agree with above, seems a bit "high" worng grips, which by the way look like 'Mustangs',by the shape and the cutout.The front sight was 'redone' for the yellow insert I'd bet.
Yes, would make a great shooter and I know you have the 'correct" grips already, so make him an "offer" anyway.
I wish I knew you were looking for a 4", there was a couple walking around the show this weekend and I know the one blued one went for in the $650 range, wonder if it was this gun????? I know he bought the nickel plated one........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts