Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Chief Two Cents has some sound logic. Price is based on condition however. But yes, generally 4" pythons are sought after the most because of the superb balance of them and overall fit and feel. But doesn't necessarily mean they will cost more. That is all determined on condition. They were large numbers of all pythons made.

Reactions: TFlyboy

·
Registered
57 Posts
At our shop it is always the same when we place a Python on the shelf for sale.
Stainless is king, blued is a close second, and nickel was tough to sell but coming around.
Condition is always the critical factor of course but.....

8" Python is gone in about two days time.
6" Python is gone that day
4" Python is gone within a couple hours
2" Python can cause a fight by whoever laid eyes upon it first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My personal interest.................."if it ain't six, I don't want it"
^I'm kind of on the same page.
Velocity is thrown around and some put more or less emphasis on it than maybe necessary. I mean, I wouldn't want to get hit with a .25... That said I got into shooting because I love things that go fast. A couple years ago I came across this article. I don't subscribe to the survivalist thing but the article makes the argument pretty solid on a 6" .357 versus any other length.

http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/11/the_357_magnum_an_all_around_s.html

As far as Pythons go they are all beautiful! But I have never regretted getting a 6.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I own a 4" blue and a 6" BSS. They are both mint. I have shot both and must confess, I like shooting the 4 over the 6 because it just seems to be the perfect combo of weight, balance, and aesthetics. Both have equally awesome triggers, but if I HAD to get rid of one, it would be the 6. Of course they would have to pry it from my cold dead hand.....

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
My personal interest.................."if it ain't six, I don't want it"
I know you're referring to Pythons only, right? :) If it's a 6" Python I don't want it, the balance on the 4" meets MY preferences. I guess that's why I have 2 Pythons in different finishes but the same barrel length. Now then, an OMT is as perfectly balanced a handgun as I've ever shot if we stay within a DA swing out cylinder. A friend swears by his 6" Python as being the best Colt target gun he's ever fired, until I let him shoot my Officer Model .38 Heavy Barrel. So, back to Pythons...I'll take a 2 1/2" or 4" but anything over 4 y'all have dibs on :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.