Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded for a blue 4" Python in excellent condition and along with the deal, I got a mint condition 3" barrel. Both barrels have two pins on the front sight, so I know they are compatible. I guess my questions is; would I be hurting the value of the pistol if I swap the barrels?. Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yes it would,it would never letter right.
Even to look right your 4" python needs to be mint so the barrel will match it, if they were built at the same time frame.
different time frames of manufacturing will be a slight bluing difference.
EE

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
If you can get the barrels changed where they dont get marked up, why not? Just rathole the old barrel and change it back if and when you want to sell it. I have both a 2 1/2" and a 4" pythons. Would like a 3" myself!

·
Registered
502 Posts
In a typical scenario you would be hurting the value. However, due the extreme price 3" copies bring, I think that even a replica would go for quite a bit and it could raise the value of your gun. The 3" barrels by themselves bring the better part of a grand (our local experts may have more recent pricing than that).

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It's all preference. What do you like? I myself am not too fond of 4" pythons. If someone gave to me I would take it but I prefer the longer barrels or the shorter barrels. I myself am working on a project in converting my barrel to a 3". Should be finished in 2 weeks or less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts