Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting S&Ws but am curious about Colt .38 or .357s, for non-competitive target shooting, in 4" or 6" barrels.

I don't understand the differences between Pythons and Cobras and I hope someone could explain them to me. Is one model considered any more accurate than the other? I'll mainly be shooting .38 special. Which model do you feel I should look at. Thanks much!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well I'm hardly an expert of any sort but here goes. The Cobra is a smaller, aluminum alloy framed, six shot, 38 special revolver. The the python is hardened steel medium framed, six shot 357 magnum revolver. The Cobra would be more of a CCW weapon and the Python would be more of a full sized carry piece for police, security, etc. I'm sure that you'll get far more complete answers than I just gave but I hope that helped anyway.

Dave

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
As mentioned above, the Cobra is a basic defensive pocket revolver. Short barreled, fixed sights, made of lightweight alloy. The Python is a target grade revolver.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Maybe you're really asking what's the difference between the King Cobra & Python, not the Cobra & Python. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I've never seen any comparisons on the 2 you're asking about.
Otherwise you're asking about a comp between a carry gun and a target gun. Here's a Cobra.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts