Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of buying a 1977 Python in fairly good condition except for some flaking on the grips and very minor holster wear. It does have the original box and all the paperwork, even the round screwdriver in original envelope. Just wondering how much the box adds to the value. It’s in decent shape. Thanks much for any help.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Can't say much w/o good pics of whole package,
but a nice shooter- grade, all original , 4" or 6" blued '77 Python,
with all -original B&P,
might bring 100-200 more, than w/o box.

2.5", perhaps 200-300 more.

Depends on type of buyer, and locale .

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I will add that you might want to post some photos of the box, especially box label, for these guys to verify it since it calculates into the guns cost.

I would be suspicious of a sparkling new box with a gun that is in shooter condition.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the replies. The box is definitely old and has the correct label for the gun. I have a 1978 Colt Government 45 that I bought new and still have the box which I took good care of. The Python box (similar) is only slightly more worn so I’m sure it is original to the gun. I’m going to buy the gun so I will post a pic. It’s a little higher priced them I wanted to pay but it’s next to impossible to find them in this area. Glad to hear the box adds more value... Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
I don't think that the presence of the original box and paperwork is going to add a great deal to the value of a "shooter" grade gun. But it's a very different story with a 100% gun. In some cases, the original box and paperwork in good shape can double the value of certain high-condition Colt pistols.

- - - Buckspen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts