Colt Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I think its a fine looking piece regardless of the pits , that python has more stories under its belt then any safe queens handled with kid gloves. spend some $$$ on it like azshot suggest and take it to the range .
I wouldn't mine owning it. it has THE LOOK o_O:cool: LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think its a fine looking piece regardless of the pits , that python has more stories under its belt then any safe queens handled with kid gloves. spend some $$$ on it like azshot suggest and take it to the range .
I wouldn't mine owning it. it has THE LOOK o_O:cool: LOL
I agree! I would love to have that gun in my safe and be able to take it out and shoot it! I've got a really nice blued Python, and new 2020 4.25" Python and a like new 6" Anaconda, that gun would be a hell of an addition. The uniqueness of it and it's condition would always be a conversation starter and who among us doesn't like talking about guns!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thank you guys for your input. I hope to post some pics of targets when I get her to the range in case you want to see how she shoots but it might be a little while...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Thank you guys for your input. I hope to post some pics of targets when I get her to the range in case you want to see how she shoots but it might be a little while...
Don't know if I missed it or not...but I'm still pretty curious about the "long story." Change the names to protect the innocent, we probably wouldn't know them anyway. 😀

·
Registered
228 Posts
Get that bad boy cleaned up enough to shoot and go at it! One of the recommended exterior "coating" processes also might be a great idea. I CALL IT A KEEPER

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think this is the perfect beater pistol. Most every gun enthusiast has something like this that they toss in the boat, or the truck, and they really don't give a crap about how much abuse it takes. They're usually Taurus pistols, or Charter Arms (like mine) or some other 2nd-tier pistol. But this is a Python! While I'm a new Python owner, I can tell that it's of the highest quality...and I'm a little reluctant to shoot it too much. But this pistol is begging to be shot. The fact that it can be brought back to life is a testament to its toughness and durability. I'd get it back into working order and enjoy it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts