Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year ws this made? Serial #V72700. About 99% with factory wood grips, without the box. Any idea on value?
6" Barrel
Blued
Thanks.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
V72700 was made in 1979.
The numbers that year ran from V36737 to V88373.

Until recently, values on good Pythons ran from about $800 to $1000.

However, over the last few weeks word has gotten out that Colt will no longer make any DA revolvers again, especially not the Python.
With word of that, prices at gun shows have gone as high as $1400 with people buying at that price AND MORE.

For that reason, assigning a value will be difficult until things settle down.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A coat of Renaissance Wax and it brought it to full luster. Great stuff! I probably paid too much but had to have it because I don't have any 6" in my collection. I paid $975 out the door. The only negative I can find so far is that it has a slight turn ring. Other than that it is perfect, no one buggered the screw heads (a good sign) and the timing is great, lockup is probably the tightest of all my revolvers. I wish it did have the box to go along with it though. I had the smooth rosewood grips in a drawer and I like them alot better as far as looks and feel.
How bad did I get hosed?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Paid to much... under a Grand for a MINT Python.... Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha... Now that's too funny.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
810 Posts
That is one "fine" looking gun and as I got to "see it" in person at the show, still think it's awesome and that you done fine! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You following me dant? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I think he would have took 900 or 925 but really wasn't in the mood to dicker. I saw it, wanted it, got it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Szuppo - beautiful Python indeed, I have a V serial #, circa 1980.
Those smooth grips are stunning!! Do you know the manufacturer by any chance??

Regards,

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got them off a guy who makes custom grips. He has a set on fleabay right now. Look under drisk46 for the items he has for sale.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the info szuppo.............

Regards,

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you can't find it and want a link to the auction email me and I will send it to you. If they go to high just wait, he will make a nother pair and put them up again.

Did anyone see what the Factory grips are going for on auction lately? Getting pricey out there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts