Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--

I have a lot of Colts, mostly prewar OMT's. Few postwar Colts interest me, except the Python. I've had a 4 inch for years, but always wanted a 6 inch. I've got a line on one, blue, in the box, with all papers and test target, very faint cylinder ring, otherwise not a mark on it. Made in 1970. The owner will sell it to me for 650 bucks. My instinct is to buy. Seem like a good price?

Bill A

·
Registered
794 Posts
I envy you guys that live in an area where Pythons can be had for $650 or less!!!

Over here on the left coast that gun would have an asking price no less than $850 & likely more.

If they were available out here for that price, I'd buy every one (and I do mean every single one) I saw in that condition for the price you guys think are just so-so.

You have it good all right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WS23 you must not be too far from me I am guessing becuase I was thinking the exact same thing. I see newer SS Pythons going for $1000.00, I have yet to see a 4in for sale in CA, 6in Blued Pythons with a V prefix go for $1200, if you can find a dealer with one to sell.

------------------

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bill,

I just bought a 1977 NIB six incher here in gun friendly Colorado. Price was $700.

I think $600-650 is a good deal.

Paul

·
Registered
794 Posts
Bull's-eye simonp!

Another Bay Area guy. I attended the sadly pathetic SJ gun show this past weekend. I did see a nice looking 6" blued Python on consignment, asking $895. Dealer said it was his friends & he'd take no less than $850.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts