Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a range session I noticed the knurled end of the ejector rod of my Colt Python had gone missing. Is this part available anywhere? All I've seen is the full ejector rod for sale which I will buy if necessary. I also understand Colt used two types of rods on the Pythons. Is there a cut-off date for the switch to the single piece rod? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
265 Posts
PJR,

Years ago, I had a problem with the ejector rod on my Python, bought NIB in`65, and I was fortunate to have a local `smith who knew Colts and was able to fix it. Unfortunately, he's gone.

I questioned dfarriswheel about removing it for a complete cleaning and he recommended against it. I think he said you needed a special tool.

I tried a search but could not find his response.

By the way, mine is one solid piece and the knurled end does not come off.

John

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dfariswheel, I am once again in your debt. I thought I was out of luck when Numrich was out of stock and didn't know about Jack's. Two ejector heads are in the mail as we speak. Thanks again for your help.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
To install, I suggest:
Cleaning off the threads on both the rod and the new head with solvent, let dry and apply a drop of Locktite Blue, (removable).

Insert three EMPTY cases in the cylinder to support the ejector assembly, then tightening the new head down snug with a pair of padded pliers, or a padded vise.

The Locktite will eliminate further episodes, but still allow disassembly if needed in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info on installation gentlemen. Blue Loctite and 3 empty cases will be standing by for the mailman to arrive with the package from Jack's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts