Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, i was wondering if someone would give me a fair to me (I'm the seller) price to sell my 2004 Python Elite (per serial number on website).
i have all the original books, box, tag, stuff that came with the gun (no target). i bought it 9 years ago. and seller did not shoot, was handled and has line on cylinder.
i'm not listing this for sale. info needed to possibly sell to a local person.
recap:
6 inch
ss
last year ship 04, made 03?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Do some research and find out what the market will bear in CA and base it on that.

I can't give you my opinion of price because it's just an opinion and most likely not matching the price opinions of those "invested" in such guns.

I will say $3K should be low enough to sell, but heck you might get more. I personally don't feel they are worth that though, so just remember everything is opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Do some research and find out what the market will bear in CA and base it on that.

I can't give you my opinion of price because it's just an opinion and most likely not matching the price opinions of those "invested" in such guns.

I will say $3K should be low enough to sell, but heck you might get more. I personally don't feel they are worth that though, so just remember everything is opinion.
Good assessment for Ca. I live here and watch local market on Calguns website. Prices can really VARY by a lot. If you
Live close to one of the larger cities you will do better,also. To sell you will have to do the Private Party Transfer where
You and buyer meet at FFL/LGS. Recently saw an APPARENT sale of a reblued 4” Python with Colorado State Police
documentation sell for 4K. If your Python is NIB or close to it 4K would be a good starting point. I’ve not seen ANY
nickel or brite stainless Guns go for less then 4K. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts