Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently spoke with a gentleman who is considering selling his 4" satin stainless elite Python. The gun appears to be LNIB with all the correct items, except the blue plastic case does not have the sticker. I have noticed other similar examples over the last few months. I was told by one source and the seller there was a time when Colt shipped the blue plastic cases inside cardboard sleeves and the sticker was applied to the box and not the case?

Any validity in this claim?
What would be the fair non Gunbroker price of this Python regardless of the missing label?

The seller was unsure of this claim as well and was not trying to pull a scam so to speak.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The Python Elite never left the factory with a cardboard sleeve over the clamshell box. The Label was always on the outside. The ONLY variation was a few left in the Blue cardboard custom shop box with white outer sleeve that had the label on it.

$2800-$3200 is the top of the mark for that model with no box.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes the elites always had the label On the blue shell and never came with a cardboard sleeve. If the box does not have the label you have to assume the box is not original weather the original owner tells you it is or not . It is just about the facts and they wouldn't be there to prove the box was original. I think for the 4" stainless version with no "original labeled" box Marc is right on with price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.