Colt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me first preface this post by saying I have had more Colt revolvers in my hand since joining this forum than I have had in my entire life! This Python will be at my FFL tomorrow. Just wanted to get some input on it. It was an armslist find and I had to jump through a few hoops as the seller wanted a FTF transaction in Texas. Thanks to another forum member I bought it sight unseen (scary) and he shipped it to my FFL. What are your guys thoughts? Anything look out of place? I will have it in hand tomorrow and can take better pics. No box unfortunately. Serial number is PE02XXX. Do you guys think I will finally be able to get my 1978 in trade on this one or should I just sell it and keep looking. Thanks again guys.

Z

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Revolver Photography Still life Metal Animation
Revolver Ceiling
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Nice looking Elite.Wish it were mine.hint,hint.I still have a problem warming up to the Elite style stocks,I'm just not a fan of no checkering.JMO D*

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This bad boy is now sitting in my safe. This Elite is in better shape than the seller described it. Two small scratches on the whole gun, that's it. Will Flitz work on stainless steel as well? Can I damage this finish by using the wrong product on it or should I just leave it alone?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Flitz wont hurt it, but will brighten it into a mirror finish .. If it were mine I would leave it as is ..... Unless you want to sell it on gun broker for double what you paid, then you can polish it, call it bright stainless... And wait for a bite ... It's been done way to many times .

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm afraid of ending up with a fistful of cash and no Pythons in my hand! Who would have thought a 1978 Python would be so hard to find? lol. Plus, you had your chance Daryl.....lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had this one on my watch list. I'm hoping it doesn't sell until I can get rid of at least one of my Pythons. I wonder what his reserve is? It looks like a beautiful gun, exactly what I'm looking for. Think he would take this Elite in trade? Lol

·
Administrator
7,431 Posts
This bad boy is now sitting in my safe. This Elite is in better shape than the seller described it. Two small scratches on the whole gun, that's it. Will Flitz work on stainless steel as well? Can I damage this finish by using the wrong product on it or should I just leave it alone?
A close up view of the blemishes would help .
You'll notice the "grain" or polish direction of the metal . I use a fine "grit" 3M Scotchbrite pad for blending stainless scratches . Have for many years .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.