Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased from a local gun shop a Python Elite ANIB. It has a 4" barrel and blued. A very faint turn line and a very small light scuff on the bottom of the trigger guard. I probably paid too much but I fell in love with it. Does anyone know how many 4" bbl blued were made? I can find 4" SS and 6" blued on GB but cant find any 4" blued to compare mine to. the serial is PE060XX. Any information would be appreciated. I may try to upload photos but I have a hard time getting that accomplished. Thanks

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Python Elite introudced in 1997 as a Custom Shop Piece. They ran until 2005 as a "Order Only" as Colt stopped production of the Python in 1999.

There are no production numbers available on the Elite but the 4" and 6" Blue are less commonly seen when compared to the Stainless.

Current Gunbroker pricing is near $4500.

Post Pics, we would like to see it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will try to post pics tomorrow. Any idea when this may have been manufactured by the serial number? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Thanks fellas, I am not a photographer but this should be clean enough.
If your skills at picking up a gorgeous Colt are any indication, your photography will benefit greatly at any time. NICE job and congrats, in blue, that is one sharp looking Elite!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts