Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, (note the qualifier) ALL Python standard second type walnut grips came with gold medallions.

Silver was used on the second type target grips on the Trooper and Officer's Models.

So, the grips you saw are probably off a Trooper or OMM.

Whatever, if you can get them at a fair price DO SO.
These grips sell for very good prices. You could sell or trade for a pair of stocks with gold medallions, or (not real kosher) you can replace the silver medallions with a set of gold ones.
This replacement is acceptable so long as you don't try to pass them off as original.

In other words, if you want a set of proper grips for your gun, it's Ok, but it isn't Ok to sell the grips or the grips on the gun as "all original".

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 11-07-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dfariswheel (edited 11-07-2003).]

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have someone that has a pair of early 1/2 moon Python Stocks with Silver medallions. I thought they were all Gold. Is this the real deal ? If so, what's the story. Any help here would be great.
Thanks in advance, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sure they're not the very similar OMM grips, which are as I recall (I'm at work, guns at home)are silver?

Bill A

·
Premium Member
9,479 Posts
I agree that the silver medallion stocks described are most likely from an OMM or Trooper, but soon thereafter, all medallions were changed to gold.

I also agree that the early stocks are becoming quite valuable. Just see what they bring on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts