Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of these grips I purchased from GB last week? GunBroker.com - Error haven't received them yet but I have contacted swamprat about a refinish. My question is this: are these real colt grips? If so I think they are transitional genII to genIII because of the cutout in both panels. My next question, does anyone have a gen 2 grip that they can put next to a gen 3 to see the difference in size/ergos? Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks to me like the checkering has been sanded off and the left grip modified. Here is a link showing the different generation grips and some fakes.

Python

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The original checkering was probably damaged or badly worn and the grip horn (I think that is the right description) was broken off. Not wanting to spend $$ for a refinish, the owner did the best he could to "fix them". JMHO.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,463 Posts
I think they are a set of Second/Third Type transition grips that have had the checkering sanded off.
Swamprat can probably insert a piece of walnut to repair the broken area and re-checker them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.