Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these with an officers model I bought. They are in even nicer shape than the pictures show. Little fading to the gold emblems but other than that no issues. It appears they were removed for the target grips that are on the revolver now. I thought I would post them here before ebay to give you guys a shot without the crazy ebayers. $300 obo..... On to the pics. Message me here or [email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
The medallions appear to be silver medallions covered with stain and varnish from the stock refinishing, rather than being true gold medallions. (The fact that they were acquired on an Officers Model Match, which would have silver medallions, would seem to support their being silver rather than gold.) Please verify that the medallions are actually gold-colored.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
The medallions appear to be silver medallions covered with stain and varnish from the stock refinishing, rather than being true gold medallions. (The fact that they were acquired on an Officers Model Match, which would have silver medallions, would seem to support their being silver rather than gold.) Please verify that the medallions are actually gold-colored.
They are in fact gold with just a tiny bit of wear. I was looking for a set with silver medalions for my 3-5-7. Idelk101 cleaned and inspected them and we came to the conclusion that they were indeed gold medalions. I would have bought them if they were silver...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the same about some kind of finish. I took a qtip and acetone to them gently and no change in color or removal of the finish. These create the conundrum. I person they look "rubbed" / worn gold (gold on the low points silver above). I guess I or the purchaser could change them out to what they want but they do not appear to have been monkeyed with in the last 50-60 years and I did not want to be the one that did. I took them off to replace with the ivory ones that Jim had listed in the nutmeg store so they are extrainous to me as my oldest python is second gen. In closing I guess I could put them on flebay for the not so well versed and let them pay too much but I thought someone here could complete a gun with them

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
They are in fact gold with just a tiny bit of wear. I was looking for a set with silver medalions for my 3-5-7. Idelk101 cleaned and inspected them and we came to the conclusion that they were indeed gold medalions. I would have bought them if they were silver...
I didn't mean to speak for Idelk101. Whether the medalion is Silver or Gold, these are VERY nice grips...

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
At the risk of bantering, I will ad this useful information that I offered to idelk101:

I guess the question is: Does anybody else have an early Python with this style medallion clearly in gold finish?And the answer from wbray1966 is:

yes
, on his 1955. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts