Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up this mis matched pair at a show. They appear new old stock.both with gold medallions. Different checkering patterns around the medallion I was going to sand down the one that is a bit longer but after seeing the value of Python/Trooper grips thought better. Could someone please post pictures of the different styles so I know what I have? They are not Diamondback for sure as I have a nickel .38 and a .22 of this model. I was going to use them on my 1943 Commando that was fitted with a Colt 5"match target barrel years ago as they fit perfect. Just one is longer than the other. I would like to split the pair for sale to others that may have a L or R buggered grip as they are really way to mint to sand away on. I will post pictures ASAP.

Thanks,
Ischia

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Post some pictures !

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
The bushing is called a stock nut and traditionally goes in the right panel on wood stocks. The screw side panel does not have an escutcheon in post-war stocks. They are in pre-war stocks. :cool:

Obviously, they were replaced/mixed sometime post-factory.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bushing is called a stock nut and traditionally goes in the right panel on wood stocks. The screw side panel does not have an escutcheon in post-war stocks. They are in pre-war stocks. :cool:

Obviously, they were replaced/mixed sometime post-factory.
I've posted photos on the second post,hope this helps sorry I can't seem to remove the post with no photos.Perhaps not possible after replys are posted? So, sand away the longer butt and keep the pair or put them on the market so that others may replace a bad L or R grip?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Two stocks from a different time period. The left stock is from approx 1960 to 1972. The right stock is approx 1973 until late 80's give or take a little. Somewhere a pair just like them exists. Good news is they are Python stocks and in good condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts