Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached is a pair of Pythons with giraffe and stag grips. I have the original grips but thought the replacements would add to the value. From what I am seeing, original grips are more desirable. Should I replace the original grips?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Unless you are selling your guns, I'd leave the replacements on. I think they look better, and you'll save your originals for the time when you do sell.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
As stated above, original walnuts in excellent condition are bringing high prices Gen I and Gen II a little higher than Gen III it appears but all certainly worth more than the stags or giraffe. If you shoot your Pythons then I'd do so with the stags and giraffe but if you just show your treasures then "whatever makes ya smile" ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Aw, forum harmony trumps any weird sideline observances.
I can save the rest of the popcorn for upcoming posts on fake box and reblue topics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I will take Joels advice and leave them on until I decide to sell (never). I would like to see some examples of other "non-original" grips. Please share pics of your favorites. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got several nice sets of original checkered wooden grips... but they don't get carried often, when I go to the range or out in the woods I prefer these $10-$40 Pachmayr grips, the puke flavored ones (AKA. Rad "I don't care what it looks like" 1985 camo vibe) can be had for a trifle on Ebay compared to the original ones or the custom exotic wood types.

This is not my auction, but this seller has a few sets avail with gold medallions (I'm not 100%, so bid at your own risk, but these look like the small "gripper" version) ]Factory Colt Python One Piece Pachmayr Grips with Factory Colt Gold Medallions | eBay

·
Registered
777 Posts
It is all about what you like. I do not like the rubber or stag on a blue Python. However, I really like Ivory or bonded Ivory on a stainless gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts