Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1961 Python that I would like to get a set of CORRECT wood grips for. I was at the Rose City Gun Show, in Portland, yesterday and I found a set of checkered grips with the gold emblem, but the guy wanted $129 for them. My gut told me that was about twice the price I should pay, so I walked.

What ARE the correct grips and what SHOULD I expect to pay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
jasode,

I have a set of grips just like you were looking at. If interested, let me know. They are in pretty good shape. Checkering is good but they have some scuff marks.

$50 should do it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yall are in troubleeeeeeeee. Around here they are called "stocks" and folks won't let you forget that either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DOH! Ok Majic, I'll remember they're STOCKS. Kinda like in "Full Metal Jacket"...This is my rifle, this is my gun...

Thanks for the offer TJC. These were mint/unused and I am willing to spend up to $75 for a pair like that. The Pachmayr's are great for shooting, but if I ever decide to sell it (God forbid I would think that)they would probably help move it a little quicker. I'll check over at GB.com and see what's there.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DOH! Ok Majic, I'll remember they're STOCKS. Kinda like in "Full Metal Jacket"...This is my rifle, this is my gun...

Thanks for the offer TJC. These were mint/unused and I am willing to spend up to $75 for a pair like that. The Pachmayr's are great for shooting, but if I ever decide to sell it (God forbid I would think that)they would probably help move it a little quicker. I'll check over at GB.com and see what's there.

Thanks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts