Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new pair of grips for a Python. I have never had a pair with finger grooves, and am considering the "Eagle Checkered Finger Position Grips." Does anyone have any experiance with these grips? Any others that I should consider?
Thanks.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,914 Posts
Many Python owners like the Hogue Mono-grip.
These are available in rubber and some really fancy hardwoods.

These seem to offer a better, more compact fit than most any other Python grip.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll second those Hogue Monogrips in rubber.

Of all the revolvers I own I have a Python that came with the Monogrip and stock grips. That Monogrip is the most comfortable grip on any pistol I own. Even full powered .357 loads are comfortable.

I have the Hogue wood grips on a S&W .357 and they are not as nice as the rubber Monogrip.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas. I can see now that 1 pair will not be enough. Now to add to the confusion, I see that there is an Eagle Heritage (Coke Bottle) for a Python. They don't have the finger grooves, but maybe I can pick up a set of Hogue rubber finger grooved to satisfy that desire. http://www.eaglegrips.com/heritage.html
How do you think these would look on an engraved, polished, stainless Python?

[This message has been edited by beaverislander (edited 07-05-2004).]

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It would be a matter of personal taste, but the Eagle's Heritage Coke Bottles are a copy of the late 1950's limited S&W target stocks. They would look great on a classic S&W, but not an appropiate party dress for a fine Colt IMO.

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 07-05-2004).]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Majic,
That is exactly what I was wondering. It would kinda blend the lines and I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate either. You have just helped me eliminate them. I did speak with Eagle Grips today, and was told that the Ebony wood they use is awesome. I am going to call back in the AM to see if they have a pair made up in the checkered finger groove.

[This message has been edited by beaverislander (edited 07-05-2004).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts