Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had a chance to fire my new nickelPython Target revolver. What a sweet pistol!! The trigger pull is as smooth as butter and man is she accurate!! A hell of alot accurate then I am. Using some 38 special reloads I have, I was able to put 6 rounds in a 2" circle at 24 feet. I put 200 rounds through her today and while I had a couple of hiccups, the pistol did well considering this is the first time its been fired in 25 years!! My only issue with this pistol is the grips. For me they seem a bit on the short side. Since this pistol will get quite abit of use, I would like to replace the factory grips with something that would better fit my hand. Do any of you guys have any good suggestions? Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hogue and Badger come to mind.
You will have to feel them both to see what works well for you.
Badger currently makes some wonderful 2 piece grips that are fingergrooved & laminated.
Hogue makes a host of different kinds with all types of woods. they are 1 piece grips that slide up the entire grip frame and screw on from the bottom.
Hogue hase single fingergroove or multi & non finger grooved.
Their kingwood grips are beautiful.
Here's a set of Hogues I have on one of my Pythons.

There's also some very comfortable vintage grips out there.
Here's an older set of Badger grips on my custom Flamethrower Python. These are very comfortable and fit my large hands great.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a set of Pahmayr Presentation grips for the Python.
I'd be willing to sell them for $10.
Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hey Blackhawk,
please don't step on someones toes.
Make sure the original poster is not interested first.

Thanks, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
11 Posts
sorry! no problem thats what i meant. i modified earlier post to read that way. i just picked up my first python today and it has wood grips, would like rubber ones to shoot with because of an injury.
blackhawkkid223

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
blackhawkkid223:
One of the more popular rubber grips for Colt owner's is the Hogue Mono-Grip in rubber.
This seems to be a more compact grip and fit's many users better.

Pachmayr makes the Presentation, which is similar to the factory wood grips, the Gripper, which has finger grooves and is more fitted to your hand, and the Professional Gripper which is the gripper with an open back, for people with smaller hands.

Here's my Python with Hogue rubber Mono-Grips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks, i just sent a pm to teakwood asking where to send the money order for the presentation grips. would like to have some with colt emblems and fingergrooves. will find them later.
blackhawkkid223

·
Registered
323 Posts
hey, mpakosta
Mighty fine-looking gun!
Whatever you do, keep those original grips stored away someplace...If you let them go, you'll find out just how costly they are.
Don

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the compliment!! I know how ridicously expensive it is to replace those grips. I've seen them on ebay go for $150+. You'd even be surprised what an original Colt box sells for on ebay!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Python Grips

Great lookin' pistols fellas!

On Black Hogue Rubber Mono Grips

On Hogue Cocobolo Grips

I got a good deal on some Original Factory Walnut grips about a week ago but have not gotten a chance to put them on. I'll post a pic when I get a chance to put them on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts