Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
DS, I am not an expert but I believe it was later than that. I think the first sts Pythons were still sporting wood stocks, but you may want to here that from the people who are more educated on it than I

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea but the local python for sale is a 78 Blue and he says NIB with black grips.... I was pretty sure it was 1980 or later but just wanted insurance from the forum!! Have not seen it yet but probably no since in setting up a appointment lol!

·
Banned
354 Posts
Yea but the local python for sale is a 78 Blue and he says NIB with black grips.... I was pretty sure it was 1980 or later but just wanted insurance from the forum!! Have not seen it yet but probably no since in setting up a appointment lol!
If it's the one in TX I good him those grips are most def not original to the gun.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
The earliest known, factory fitted Pachmayr gripped Python, that I have seen is 1980. During 1980 and possibly a year or two after that, Pythons so fitted were identified with a unique "P" suffix model number as shown on the label of my NIB 6" Nickel from that year. I don't see these labels often, and I don't believe Colt continued this practice very long.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I started working in a small gunshop in mid to late 1981. I bought my brother a 6" E-Nickel Python that had been on the books there for about a year. It came directly from a distributor named Whitneys in Denver CO. It was wearing rubbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.