Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously a world class handgun deserves a world class holster. Kydex ain’t gonna cut it.
The leather craftsmanship of Sam Andrews is just what your favorite Colt needs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Kramer vertical scabbard with an FBI tilt, in horsehide.

Fantastic, and horsehide is very smooth. Minimal wear on the gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use a Safariland 29 from the 1980’s with my hard chromed Python

I just bought a Bianchi 5BHL for my 2020 4.25' Python that is a dead ringer for your Safariland. I had to soak the leather and then leave the gun in the holster (wrapped in plastic) for a couple of days until it dried because of that extra 1/4". It's a great fit now! All through my law enforcement career the only holsters I used were Safariland and Bianchi. The two companies are combined now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up a Triple K Holster for my Python. It takes a bit for break in so now the thumb break can go behind the hammer.
I have not looked at many other holsters... I will need to check more out based on this post. Oh, and the bonus pic is of a great fixed blade with nice custom leather by the maker.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I have a nos Bianchi 5BHL for a 6” Python when I find one . E I’ve found that a new holster made for an N frame Smith will fit a Python if it has not been stretched out by an N frame Both my Bianchi and Safariland were new and fit the Python with no stretching of thumb snap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up a Triple K Holster for my Python. It takes a bit for break in so now the thumb break can go behind the hammer.
I have not looked at many other holsters... I will need to check more out based on this post. Oh, and the bonus pic is of a great fixed blade with nice custom leather by the maker.
View attachment 722985
View attachment 722986
View attachment 722985
View attachment 722986
Do you really carry your Python with the hammer cocked ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts