Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anybody has experience with mounting this sight on colt python. When I tried to mount the sight I found the sight screw is not alighed with the pistol screw hole...
It is extremely frustrating, is there any chance I'm doing something wrong ?
Thanks,
Avi

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The distance between the elevation screw and the pivot pin is incorrect on these sights, so the whole thing will bind up when you try to screw it down. I usually drill out the pivot hole to fix this, but it would be pretty darn nice if they could make it correctly instead. Also, the installation kit is utterly useless. The springs they provide don't allow enough downward travel (will bottom out when the sight is about half way down) and the pin is solid, instead of a roll pin. I contacted them about these issues a couple of years ago, but they still haven't done anything about it. The guy I talked to said that he had never heard of any issues, so it would probably help if everybody who has a problem sent an email.

It's really a shame, the sight is actually very well made and it just need a wee bit of tweaking to work right.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Buy a replacement Colt Ellison rear sight from Colt. Any other sight will look stupid on the BEST revolver Colt ever made.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,995 Posts
Buy a replacement Colt Ellison rear sight from Colt. Any other sight will look stupid on the BEST revolver Colt ever made.
Colt doesn't sell the Ellison sight and doesn't even use it anymore. Colt doesn't sell any parts direct anymore.
The only source is used sights sold on the auctions or the Kensight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts