Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at this Python on GB and my first thought is... overpriced. Flawed, bubbles, refinished, deep pitting, rust... etc..

However, I have a shooter python and I love it. At the right price, this could be attractive if I thought it would shoot nice.

your thoughts? too expensive? At what point it is worth the gamble?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=394209772

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks like you forgot to post the GB ad.

I will say, it seems a "shooter" in bad condition is approaching $1500. At least around me anyway. I was at a local gun show and found a nice gun with fake grips for $1500. Was with a buddy looking for a "shooter". Told him to jump on it but he said "Ill wait till the next one that's cheaper". My gut tells me he is going to be waiting a long while.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I can't believe that was recently re-nickeled looks rough for sure, I personally wouldn't bid the starting bid price but I'm sure someone will and should still shoot fine I'm sure. Does it have no grips? Didn't see any and I don't think he mentions them at all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe that was recently re-nickeled looks rough for sure, I personally wouldn't bid the starting bid price but I'm sure someone will and should still shoot fine I'm sure. Does it have no grips? Didn't see any and I don't think he mentions them at all.
No grips. It looks like he went to Home Depot and got a re-nickeling kit and went to town.

I won't bid the starting price either. If he went no reserve and started low, I would hop on. He will probably just keep re-listing until someone bites.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
This was listed locally and I tried to grab it as a shooter, with plans to have it hard chromed. I felt he wanted too much for it but chances are someone will come along eventually and give it to him. The man did not try to hide anything and was very upfront I think he just believe he has something that isn't there, at least not to me.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
That would be a good gun for about $500, not a penny more, IMO. Whoever refinished did not do a good job, so what makes you think they did a good job of disassembly/reassembly of the weapon in the process? One would probably be lucky if it even cycles correctly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.