Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what were the original list prices for pythons throughout the years? Were they the same for all finishes or were some priced higher?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 4" nickel, purchased new in 1978. The sticker says list price was $397.95. Selling price was $349.95. Sorry I can't help you on other years. I bought a couple in the 80's but I don't have any paperwork left nor nearly the memory to recall.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought a 4" in Brownsville, TX, in `61. The list price was $125.00 but Colt gave a $25.00 discount to LEO's. Unfortunately, I had to sell it and got what I paid for it.

I bought my second 4" in `65 in Tucson, AZ. The price was still $125 with the same LEO discount. I still have it, the box, and original bill of sale.

It's not for sale.

John

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Will you guys knock it off? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Comparing yesterdays prices of Colts which came of the shelf to todays prices of collectorsitems is comparing apples with oranges!

Don't you think that there isn't a single twisted minded soul on this Forum that would prefer to pay todays prices instead of what the Colts where going for when they came fresh from the factory?

What I wouldn't give for a mint 6" Python for only $135!

It's better to invest in Colts then in oil, which hit $70 a barrel today!

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
wtb, time machine set to 1961. please reply asap. heck i might as well get one of those 409 ragtops while i`m there. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
ICDUX: Better set that machine for late spring of 61. The 409 was a mid year introduction. They are extremely hard to find...and a ragtop would make it even harder.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
A Buck-an-a-Quarter !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Now I know I'm gonna have to change my subscription.
They're juicin' the prices where I've been buyin' /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is it just my screen or does everyone else see on your page the fact that it looks like it states the Python is a "5" shot ?
Maybe that's why it's only a Buck-twenny-five, cuz you're store is sellin' some foreign knock-offs.... LOL

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
110 Posts
If we had a good accurate way of computing inflation, better than the consumer price index we work with now, it might be a bit of gulp to see how much those 125 dollar pieces really meant. Like how many days or weeks pay or months rent, etc, would it take. I can vaguely remember what $100 meant to me in the early '60s, or throughout the '60s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when they started to become available in different finishes did some cost more than others or was the price the same?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts