Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a mid 70-s 4" blue Python with original box, no paperwork. Excellent condition, has been fired, original grips. $700 + tax. What do you think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought an unfired blue 6" Python w/ box, no papers last year for $700 and was happy w/ purchase, although I haven't shot it yet, probably won't. If I could find a 4" as you've described for $700 I would buy it, use it, & enjoy it. Sounds very fair to me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is an ok price. I have seen them go for a lot more. I paid $600 for a 4" because the seller thought it was broken(only timing was off). It is at Colt now, the fix is $55.00.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I bought one as you described a couple of months ago for $500 (but that is why I bought it!). I would lay $600 cash on the table and have a couple of fifty's handy in case you have to up the ante. Probably worth the $700 if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A friend of mine recently bought a 6" nickle one for $750 and thought it was a good price based on some price research he had done. It hadn't been shot hardly any and the original checkered grips look like new!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts