Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from national gun day show in louisville and colt prices were thru the roof, 6in diamondback .22, bad wear on muzzle, bad turn ring $900, guy walking around with a stainless 4in python in holster all scratched up $1100, another gun with areal nice 6 in nickle python, no box, also $1100, I was carrying around a 4in anaconda for sale and at least 25 people asked me if my python was for sale, when i told them it was a anaconda, they went on their way. python prices on the tables were even higher, though, I never did see one sell, when will this madness stop? Also saw a perfect condition 1908 hammerless,not a refinish, for $800

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
In a similar vein, I attended a few shows this weekend in the SC area. I waded through lots of junk and only saw a Huntsman in good condition. All other Colts were somewhat doggy with the attendant high prices.

I was trying to sell an entry level item and was endlessly lowballed by dealers who were selling for up to $200 more than what I was asking. After while the whole process got old.

If it weren't for purchasing reloading components I probably would start skipping the local shows and using the internet only. Prices at the local shows are worse than the internet and it seems like you have to wade through acres of junk to find any quality.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had not found a case of lakecity 5.56 ammo for my ar-15, I would have come home empty handed.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Re: Did I see you?

I asked a guy who was toting a 4 in anaconda if it was a 45 Colt. I picked up a 1908 .380 that had little bluing left for $300 and it shoots perfect. Didn't go back on Sunday because I really observed all I wanted. Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts