Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I just saw a 1975-76 vintage Colt Python(With a 6-inch barrel)being sold in a PRK Gun Shop, for the sum of $1,557(Out the door!)and, to me, this seems to be excessively high(Even for this pristine mint Python, with box, target, all papers!)? On the average, in other parts of the USA, are the Python's of this vintage(And, in this condition!)going for anywhere near this price range(Or, am I just "Off my Rocker", to think that this price is way too high?)? Opinion's please?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yes, you are correct. Too High.
I'm guessing they never had one in the store and feel that it's worth that based on the rarity of THEM having one.
The price truthfully should be in the $900-$1100 range. If you think about it, a NEW Python Elite would run you right around that $1000 mark. Someone may be willing to add a little more to the price to buy a Vintage Colt versus a new one.
Just my 2 pesos.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
909 Posts
I saw two at a show here last weekend, 6xB, both at $1000. Didn't handle them, but they looked to be fired very little if at all, with boxes, etc. A couple of maybe 90% shooters were in the $700 range. So up here, $1500 would be way out of line.

[Minnesota - Many Are Cold, But Few Are Frozen.]

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought 1966 vintage Python in new condition w/o the box about 2 years ago for $770. I would have given up to $825 if it had the box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts