Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '69 pythlon's cylinder doesn't rotate every now and then. What do you think the problem is? Any suggestions of who to send it to.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
welcome to the Forum,buckaroo2. Be more specific,please;1)do you mean the gun's cylinder wont turn,but the gun will cock on single action or cycle the trigger on double action-or does the gun entirely lock up,refusing to rotate cylinder and to cock and/or cycle? 2)does this happen when cylinder is empty,just with cartridges,or both empty and loaded? Hopefully,it is something simple,that a good tear down,inspection,and cleaning will cure. Bud

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
There are any number of things that could be the cause.
Because of the complexity of the Python action I recommend sending it in to a Colt qualified pistolsmith.

There are only three I'll recommend:

The Colt factory is very good, fast, and usually the cheapest. They know more about the gun than anyone.

Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters
1330 Center Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 766-6100
Pittsburgh used to do Colt's overflow warranty repair work.
They are GOOD at general repairs.

Cylinder & Slide Shop
P.O. Box 937
Fremont, NE 68026
(402) 721-4277
C&S is more a source for custom modifications and trigger jobs than a general repair service.
They are GOOD, slow, and expensive, but offer high-end custom work second to none.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. The clynder doesn't advance during single action when loaded or empty. Happens sporatically. Trying to figure out if it always happens on the same cylinder. Thanks for the advice about the factory. Good and cheap is always good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts