Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stainless Python that is from 1982 according to the serial number information I have. However, I have read several times that the stainless did not hit the market till 1983. So I guess my question is;

Is K93XXX serial number 1982 or is it suppose to be 1983 and my paperwork is wrong.

*** OR ***

Did some stainless make it on the market in 1982.

Thanks all.

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
Stainless Pythons will have an "S" stamped inside the ejector rod shroud on the barrel, on the center rear of the cylinder under the ejector, and on the lower left side of the grip frame under the grips.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I attempted to buy my first Python in 1981 as that is when they came out. I had to settle on a 6" blue because they were so hard to get as they just came out. I have looked at several Pythons that I was told were bright stainless but because they did not have the "S" stamped inside the ejector housing or any place else I knew they were Nickle. Nickle Pythons also do not have the same gray finish on the top of the rib.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.