Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 4 inch blued Python, in the box, still wrapped in waxed paper. It has never been fired, and has absolutely no marks from holster, etc..serial number is E85XX..I think this is a 1970 model..can anyone help me..oh yes, I paid $600.00 for it..was this too much???..Hiker

[This message has been edited by azhiker (edited 02-29-2004).]

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think you all but stole it if it's never been fired. Your date sounds about right.
Congrats on a very nice find.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
az
Your gun was made right in the middle of the 70's, 1975 to be exact.

Your conscience should bother you, go back and give the guy another 200 smackers!

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY,
JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
95 Posts
E85XX would be 1970 production.

E85XXX would be 1975.

A 1970 production new in the box Python for $600? A man in a blue uniform has some nice silver bracelets for you to wear! That was a steal!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, again, I bought it froma friend who has had it 4 yrs..he has two other Pythons that he shoots, and wanted someone to have it who would shoot it. However, it is so nice, I'm kinda reluctant to do that. And I gave him 2 days to change his mind..he asked $600 for it, and i tlokd him I thught it would be a good buy at even 800, but he just wanted to recoupe the money he had in it. Thanks for all the imputs on the date. Hiker <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azhiker:
Hi everyone, I just purchased a 4 inch blued Python, in the box, still wrapped in waxed paper. It has never been fired, and has absolutely no marks from holster, etc..serial number is E85XX..I think this is a 1970 model..can anyone help me..oh yes, I paid $600.00 for it..was this too much???..Hiker<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Sorry stans my very tired old eyes saw one too many XXX's.

------------------
Dick

IN GOD WE TRUST,
BUT KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY,
JUST IN CASE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts